Window tint in a 2007 HCH?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Question Window tint in a 2007 HCH?

Has anyone had their Civic's windows tinted....I think a 20% tint is legal in this state...any problems? has it reduced the a/c load?

I have an appt. with my dealer Tuesday, I am a bit p.o'ed my 5 month old car is having drivers side window track problems & it looks like to spoiler is marring the trunk lid.... I did however call HOA an complain about that as well as a couple of other odd problems like the mat on the drivers side being nearly worn through with less than 3,000 miles & the car pulling to the right (maybe that why I can't get really good mileage).

Old 09-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Part Time Hybrids
Default Re: Window tint in a 2007 HCH?

No idea on A/C load. Not sure if Honda side here has anyone who collects data on such things. Easy solution is don't use your A/C at all

You can find your legal state limits on tints from any window tinter. If you pay cash I have no doubt any of them will even care what you want. From my understanding polic don't pull you over for tints, its just something they might tack on to another ticket.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Wo ai Zheng!

Bob- the driver's side window coming off-track and the rear trunk spoiler are well known problems with the HCH2... plenty of discussion about it in the HCH2 specific sub-forum. The car pulling to the right is almost certainly either an alignment or tire pressure problem, both easily resolved by taking the car to a local mechanic (I like NTB's 5-year alignment program... pay more up front, but all labor for the next five years is covered, even if they don't actually have to adjust anything). Unfortunately, alignment isn't typically a warranty issue unless it's so far gone you're messing up the tires.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've tinted both my cars, definately reduces glare/heat and adds privacy.

I recommend going with as dark as allowed by law in your area. I'd go darker if I could.

I also recommend a rear sunshade.

Good luck!

P.S. My sig is pre-tint. I gotta take new pics!

Old 09-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think it would reduce the a/c load, because the sun is not shining in and heating the car up. I'm not 100% sure tho.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Energy Independence

It helps. I've done it on almost all my vehicles over the years.
Don't expect a miracle, though. If it's 90+F outside, it'll still be hotter-n-hell inside. Just not QUITE as hot. And it cuts down significantly on the fading/drying out of the fabrics/leather/plastics inside the car. That's why I do it. I also use a sun-shield.