Sirius Radio Antenna Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Sirius Radio Antenna Wiring

Hey guys and gals,
I just finally purchased my HCH 07 So i'm doing a Sirius radio installation and i'm having alot of difficulty finding out how to wire the antenna from the back of the car to the front. The trunk seems pretty solidly isolated from the front. Any people done this installation yet? Thanks

Old 08-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Part Time Hybrids
Default Re: Sirius Radio Antenna Wiring

I have XM, installed after purchase without the NAV display.

I had a proffesional install done, but they walked me through after where the wires went. They said it was impossible to use the existing antenna so they put the kit's unit in front above the windshield.

The wires from antenna run inside the space between windshield and car frame and enter the car where the glass meets the hood. Wires hide under dash and center cupholders, only coming out where they wire into the XM reciever and outlet. The Reciver is mounted right in front of the shift lever, does not interfere at all, and is powered thru the Power Outlet.

This was basic installation costing 34 and some change. The system has survived 3 months and plenty of outdoor weather.

I'd say forget the rear mount, to much wire to hide. The front mount doesn't seem to interfere with the radio antenna or a Garmin GPS unit at all. I use an 2 way adapter for the power outlet to use both GPS and XM at once. Probably completly illegal and potentially unsafe but the only time I use GPS is longer drives where XM is a must!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:36 PM
HOV lane commuter

You shouldn't need to mount the antenna OUTSIDE the car, though. Should be able to affix it on top of your dashboard, nearest the point where it meets the front windshield. Then just run the antenna wire around inside of the glass and down/under the glove box or along the floor.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Enthusiast

The install only takes a couple of minutes. I have a hand held unit that I take everywhere with me, so Sirius was a no brainer. Just sit the antenna in the middle of the rear window towards the glass and run the wire behind the rear seat. From there, pop it under the weather stripping that is running the length of the car on the TOP of the car doors and pop it into the niche next to the glovebox and to your unit. Super easy, no pro install needed. Hope that helps!