Desert Sand Mica TCH with Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Desert Sand Mica TCH with Window Tint

I have a desert sand mica TCH and am thinking about getting the windows tinted. I was hoping someone out there has the same color as me with tinted windows and would be willing to post a picture so I can see how it looks.

Also, any advice on the type/brand of tint to get so that it doesn't interfere with the radio or GPS signals?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Desert Sand Mica TCH with Window Tint

My TCH is also desert sand mica. I had the windows tinted 35% with ForumlaOne ceramic tint. It doesn't affect radio or GPS signals. Check out the tinting thread. for more comments.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast

Nash, the tint looks really sharp! I think I'll go ahead and get mine done. Thanks for the pic!

Old 02-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

Nash - yes, the tinting does look good! Guess what's next for me ???

I had the badges gold plated on mine - I think they look o.k. - - - you know, not like a South Central L.A. type of bling but it just adds a bit of "difference" to the car.

I'm in the process of painting the front plate bracket and fog light inserts to match the car.

Thanks for sharing the pic!

Old 04-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Enthusiast
Default LLumar Tint?

Has anyone installed Llumar tint on their TCH? I have a local dealer here that uses Llumar tint. I have looked at their website and they offer dyed and dyed/metal tints. Is dyed the same as ceramic? Does anyone know how Llumar compares to FormulaOne or Huber? Your feed back would be appreciated.

Old 05-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default Cut Out for High Mount Brake Light

I found a dealer here in Lexington, KY that uses Pinnacle Formula One. The only problem is that he says he will have to cut out around the brake light because the brake light is molded into the rear deck and he won't remove the rear deck. Has anyone else had this issue? How hard is the rear deck to remove?

Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Default Re: Cut Out for High Mount Brake Light

Originally Posted by childers
I found a dealer here in Lexington, KY that uses Pinnacle Formula One. The only problem is that he says he will have to cut out around the brake light because the brake light is molded into the rear deck and he won't remove the rear deck. Has anyone else had this issue? How hard is the rear deck to remove?
Mr. Tint of Escondido California, did my rear window with one piece, no cut out! I watched them do it. They did not remove the rear deck either. Just cleaned the window well, measured and cut, sprayed the film and the two of them slid it into place. The film slides between the rear brake light and the rear window.

Having tinted a few windows myself, I was most impressed with the accuracy and professional results. After almost a year, it still looks great.

Last edited by nash; 05-17-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nash
Mr. Tint of Escondido California, did my rear window with one piece, no cut out! I watched them do it. They did not remove the rear deck either. Just cleaned the window well, measured and cut, sprayed the film and the two of them slid it into place. The film slides between the rear brake light and the rear window.

Having tinted a few windows myself, I was most impressed with the accuracy and professional results. After almost a year, it still looks great.
Nash, The FormulaOne Pinnacle tint is not a bluish or purpleish tint is it? What color does it look like from the inside of your car? You got 35% all the way around correct? Do you think that is dark enough? I was waffling back and forth between doing the darker stuff on the rear windows and just going with 35% all the way around the way you did.

I guess I'll just remove the rear deck myself to make this guy happy. He claims he can't get his squegee in there to get the water out and smooth it. I have seen many pictures of TCH's with no brake light cut out. Unfortunately this guy is the only one in town that uses FormulaOne tint. Everyone else uses Llumar and other brands.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Malcontent

I just picked up mine from the tint shop. I had Huper Optik ceramic tint installed which is quite a bit thicker of a film than conventional tint. They didn't cut around the brake light and I doubt they removed the rear deck.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:10 PM

It looks gray from inside the car. Not bluish or purplish tint at all. Yes, 35% all the way around. I find it dark enough. I would not want it any darker as I back out of my driveway in the dark on work days. I think the even tint looks sharper than having the rear window darker.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was on vacation for a while. FYI the TCH started right up with the battery SOC still over 80% after sitting over 3 weeks.

Originally Posted by childers
Nash, The FormulaOne Pinnacle tint is not a bluish or purpleish tint is it? What color does it look like from the inside of your car? You got 35% all the way around correct? Do you think that is dark enough? I was waffling back and forth between doing the darker stuff on the rear windows and just going with 35% all the way around the way you did

Quick Reply: Desert Sand Mica TCH with Window Tint

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands