Used HCH I

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Used HCH I

Would 55k miles worry you on a used HCH? It's a 2004 manual trans; everything I read here seems to indicate that its a reliable car, but this only leaves 25k of warranty on the hybrid system. At what price would it get your interest?

Old 03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Used HCH I

Originally Posted by Tifighter
Would 55k miles worry you on a used HCH? It's a 2004 manual trans; everything I read here seems to indicate that its a reliable car, but this only leaves 25k of warranty on the hybrid system. At what price would it get your interest?

Go to www.kbb.com
That is Kelly Blue book.

Punch in all the numbers and see what they say it's worth in your zip code.

Old 03-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks Kenny.

Is there any known reason to be scared of the miles on the battery pack? I know the HCH's are not too old yet, but some have had to replace the packs on the Insights. But, I guess some warranty is better than none...

Old 03-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I don't know of any reason to be scared at that mileage- doesn't every car come out of warranty at some point? People make all kinds of far-flung estimates of battery life but when a car gets really old, you could have very expensive and unforeseen repairs regardless of the type of car. From everything I've read and seen, there's no particular reason to expect catastrophic maintenance costs on an HCH I or 'to be scared' as you put it.

I used Kenny's Blue Book link for your target car (average miles would be 33k, it says, so you're looking a bit worse than average) as well as mine and was pleased to see that my 05 HCH I, with all the data plugged in, is supposedly worth (just a bit) more than I originally paid for it last fall. Smiles!