Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tinted Driver-side Window Off-Track

Jess: Why not take it in?

Old 11-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

I did take it in, but I'm not ready to give up a window that will cost me 45.00 to re-tint. I just got it tinted and Honda is not willing to compensate me for it. Honda of Lake Norman contacted me, as they always do, to see if I was happy w/ the service. I told them I was really disappointed that they could not work w/ me on either re-using my tinted window or compensating me for having the replacement re-tinted, especially since it's not my fault that the auto window devices are defective. They're making it my problem and that's not way they should be doing things. She offered to have the Service Manager call me, but I already spoke to him. I suggested having someone over him call me. So, she's going to have the General Manager call me. I won't hold my breath.

I'd rather wait on it for now. After all I rarely roll my window down and as long as I have my finger on the switch as it rolls up, it's fine.

Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yea me to
I was going down the road 75 mph & lowered the drivers window to get a better look at a distent thing & on the way up it came up off track.
The dealer said it needed something & they fixed it but they scratched the *uck out of the door painted surfaces & scratched the tinted glass.
Short story //go get it replaced & we will cut you a check. OK but what an inconveience.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grounded
The dealer said it needed something & they fixed it but they scratched the *uck out of the door painted surfaces & scratched the tinted glass.
I was on a trip out of town and rolled down the window to throw some change in a toll machine and the window came off track when I rolled it back up. This is like one month after I got the car so at the time I'm a little angry. I was able to guide it back into place and just left it rolled up for the rest of the trip. I took it into the dealer where I purchased the car and they said they would look at it and call me. A couple of hours later they call and say it was nothing major, come pick up my car.

I come get it, all is good...the window is definitely fixed! Then as I'm exiting the parking lot I see a fairly large scratch on the interior painted surface right next to the window. At that point I had to make a decision that it was a bad idea to go back in and explode on them, because at the time that's exactly what was going to happen.

Is it really that hard to do maintenance on the window without scratching the painted surface?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:22 PM

Have a good talk with the service manager, it is no big deal too switch the glass. Would only take them a couple extra min. H

Old 12-01-2007, 04:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

Harold, that's what I'm thinking and I did speak with the Service Manager. He claims to have called Honda about it he told me they would have to replace the glass w/ no reimbursement for the tint. I've yet to call around to other Honda dealers. I haven't had a problem w/ the window, so I'm in no hurry.

Old 12-01-2007, 08:21 AM

Jess, you may want to talk to him in the morning before he gets stressed! Mind you it should not make much difference, as Hondas very seldom break down? H

Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Now that I recently tinted my windows... I begin to wonder