Saw My First Brother HCH on road

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:39 PM
Enthusiast

You know when you buy something, invariably after you buy it, everyone has one. In the last three weeks since I bought my HCH, i have seen nothing but older prius models, 3 to be exact. Until today.
On my way to work on i 20 one of the pretty blue hch's pulled along side me. we shared a smile, and a wave, and i was placated at last. I have a brother in arms.. a pal. someone like me that i have actually seen.

Glad to share the road with you, my hch friend.

Old 06-03-2004, 05:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow that was a nice post.
Last Feb here in the Atlanta area FINALLY managed to drive along side another one.
A few exchanges: mileage we are getting, how we like the car etc.
I know what you mean

Old 06-04-2004, 06:57 AM
Enthusiast

in the dc commuter area (northern virginia mainly) you see TONS of hybirds, mostly where I drive on the HOV

finding a prius around here is hell lol, HCH is easy to come by and the amount shows

Old 06-08-2004, 12:35 AM
Enthusiast

It's odd. Before I got mine, I saw quite a few around. Now that I am driving one, I've yet to see another HCH. :huh: I was driving behind a Prius the other day on the freeway though. Didn't realize it until it was exiting however.

Old 06-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

HCH are very common on the roads here in Phoenix. Though I do see them in spurts. I also see Prius II every once and a while.

Before the GM EV was taken away, this car used to grace our roads also. Though H-Insights are few and far between. I guess because they are two seaters. Though I did see one in a parking lot one day and the woman who owned it came up to me and we chatted.

I tried to speak to a Prius II owner one time and they treated my like the plague. I think some people don't want to be asked questions when they are out.

You can always ask me.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Azwildbill2:

___Did you used to own (I meant lease ) an EV-1? If so was it with the lead acid’s or the Ni-MH’s? Boy I would have died and gone to heaven to drive one of those back and forth to work on a single charge …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 06-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Active Enthusiast

Wayne,

I never owned a EV1. EV1 owners would show up at the local Saturday Night car shows in Scottsdale.

Most of the suburbs and the city of Phoenix built Plug in stations at the malls and other public buildings for these cars with special parking.

I think it is sad GM is dumping the technology. Most EV1 Owners loved their cars. I'm hoping hybrids will pave the wave for electric cars or something like it. Already the Prius has a bigger electric motor. So, maybe one day the ICE will be the small engine attached to the electric engine to help charge it when needed.

Old 06-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree that it is sad that there are no plug-in electric vehicles on the market. I would love to plug the car in overnight and then enjoy very cheap and emission-free driving (using green power to charge of course). But it seems that plugging the car in is a big marketing issue, Toyota stresses the "no-plug-in need" all the time.

Imagine the Prius with even higher battery capacity, and that you could charge it overnight. Then you could do short trips totally emission-free but still have the range. At least here in Sweden, research says that half of all car trips are shorter than 5 km (3 miles), and 80 % are shorter than 10 km (6 miles).

Old 06-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

I don't know if there are any other site members from the Indianapolis area, but I've only seen 1 other HCH since I got mine...haven't seen any of the other hybrids at all out here. As my story goes, when I bought my HCH, I had to literally scour the city and was only able to find 2 HCH's. My boyfriend and I recently went to the only other dealership in town that had one, only to find out that it had sold already...and the salesman said that he'd had 5 people fighting over it. I suppose that bodes well for Honda! In the meantime, if there's anyone from Indy here, please, find me! I'm desperate for a driving buddy!
PLURR>
Bunnie

Old 06-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Site Founder

Sort of off-subject, but I'm looking to add the location from peoples' profiles on the left under "Hybrid:". May help you out in your search