saw my first jasper

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default saw my first jasper

saw my first jasper green last week - wished I had more time to see it - Lilarienne - were you in wilton then - thought of you and thought it might be you

Old 10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: saw my first jasper

Was it nice looking? My TCH is due in about a week - and it's Jasper Pearl. I was going to settle for a ribbon blue, but this one came in, and it'll be here sooner (W00t). I'm very happy about that, but haven't actually seen the color on a car yet...

Old 10-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Toyota & Mazda Enthusiast

Jasper Pearl rules!! It is an awesome color! Real name is "pearl pistachio"... the color actually changes a bit in certain light conditions. Definately have no problem finding the Camry in any parking lot... unlike my prior Camry!

Old 10-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by martinmzfan
Jasper Pearl rules!! It is an awesome color! Real name is "pearl pistachio"... the color actually changes a bit in certain light conditions. Definately have no problem finding the Camry in any parking lot... unlike my prior Camry!
Pearl Pistachio! I love that! It is a great description. And I can find my car in any parking lot too. Although at night, often it looks gold or silver under the light which makes it a little harder to find than during the day!

Old 10-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Enthusiast

Here's my Jasper the day I picked it up:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/files/6/3/6/8/TCH.jpg

Old 10-26-2006, 04:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Jim - what a shot. The car looks beautiful and the scenary is amazing.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Marc. I hope to get more shots posted soon. I'm loving the Jasper color more and more, particularly the way the color changes in different light.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

EEEEeee, now I'm glad I'm getting the Jasper Pearl - it looks awesome.

Jim, where was that picture taken? We live in Littleton, by the way...

Old 10-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Jasper Pearl is great! It does not show the dirt and the surface is much cooler in the heat compared to some of the other colors (important in Florida) Just remember to look for the silver car, not the green one if you return to the parking lot after dark!!

Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 AM
Enthusiast

Wendy, the photo was taken at the reservoir in the foothills just above Fort Collins. I bought the TCH there at Pedersen Toyota. I took the long way home to Boulder!!

Bill, you are correct about the night time color under parking lot illumination. Depending on the color temperature of the lighting, I've seen the car look silver or gold. My favorite color change tends to come at dusk or dawn, when it becomes an almost glowing, metallic and very soft shade of green.

Quick Reply: saw my first jasper

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands