O.K. now I AM mad

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:11 AM
Default Re: O.K. now I AM mad

When the plastic part falls off, look and see if there is a tab that looks like it could hold a spring clip. Then look at where it attaches and see if there is a rectangle spot for a spring clip to be pushed in to. In the previou s version 03-05 honda used a lot of spring clips to keep things attached. It may be that the cilp is missing.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Hybrid-Hugger

roads are designed to bow out so water drains off of them. That is why you generally will find a slight pull to the outerlane.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

were they defective floor mats? are they OEM?

Old 09-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

O.K. Java J....in my 2007 HCH, if I reduce my grip on the wheel, it slowly drifts to the right, in my 2007 Civic DX or LX (not sure) loaner, on the same route, I completly release my grip & the car goes straight, In my 1999 Ford Ranger (gas hog) if I reduce my grip on the wheel, it goes pretty much straight (rear wheel drive, goes everywhere) which one is not working right?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:13 AM

Livvie: They are the OEM floormats, but they wear out really fast. I wore through mine in two weeks.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by giantquesadilla
Livvie: They are the OEM floormats, but they wear out really fast. I wore through mine in two weeks.
I still have the original OEM floor mats that came with the car and they still look new. Did something change? I have a 2003.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Think green.

Originally Posted by livvie
I still have the original OEM floor mats that came with the car and they still look new. Did something change? I have a 2003.
I was wondering the same thing. My used '04 came with the original floor mats in it, and they are in pretty good shape. I bought some replacement mats at K-Mart that are cleaner (the original owner had a dog, and I was concerned about my kid's allergies, so I have those mats saved in a safe place, still very usable and good-looking). The K-Mart mats are holding up fine, but if they wear out, I will go back to the '04 originals.
There must be something different about the new floor mats if they wear out so much faster. A change in fabric composition or something.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:09 PM

Well.....I FINALLY got my car back today 9/28/07....they thought they might have to keep it till Monday, I told them no, not acceptable I have to go out of town next week I want it today.....they told me it would be ready by 4:30....It was.
Everything appears to be fixed, but it is currently late, cool, raining & everything is wet, I will check it all over tomorrow when it is dry.

Impressions though, man what a difference between my HCH & the regular Civic, the gas powered was not as comfortable, the seats were harder, the trim cheaper, the little goodies (auto air, cloth door inserts, steering wheel controls & 6 speakers) were not there, it made lots of noise, jerking and bucking as it shifted and whatever else it did....I am happy to have my HCH back, very happy, worth every penny of what I spent if the LX is what 18K buys

I am a little happier with my 42 or so mpg (city W/a/c) after I saw the 2008's have been brought down to 40/45. I guess I was blinded by all you over achivers here and once I stopped to read some of you drafted big rigs, had freeways to drive on in the (near) nude with no a/c I felt better cos, well, I need my a/c and don't look that good with my shirt off .

Old 09-29-2007, 12:07 PM

By the way, they let the air out of my tires, 32psi all arround....to the gas station I go to bring them back up to 40 .

Old 09-29-2007, 01:00 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bobs Metallic Pearl
By the way, they let the air out of my tires, 32psi all arround....to the gas station I go to bring them back up to 40 .
Glad you got the car back... I know I would truly miss mine if it was in the shop for even a day!

FYI - I spent $79 on a Craftsman 2 Gallon Air Compressor and $15 on a 50-foot air hose. It's been well worth every penny. Not only do I use it for my tire pressure in both vehicles, I use it for detailing the car after I wash it. It's amazing how much water still resides in the cracks/crevices of the vehicle after you think you've dried it well. After spending 30 minutes washing the car, I spend another 20 minutes blowing all the creases... The door handles, the trim around all the lights (including the blinkers on the side mirrors), the spoiler, the lower trim that runs along the sides of the car... everywhere water can get in! I hate washing the car, then pulling out of the driveway, getting out of the car and seeing all the water that bounced out of the cracks dripping down the sides and back of the car.