My new '06 HCH is here! some photos

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My new '06 HCH is here! some photos

Originally Posted by CamelFilters
BTW, i know the 06 HCH shuts off it's engine during stops at intersections, is it possible to let the car roll/creep forward smoothly after the engine shuts off at let's say when i'm at an intersection making a left turn?
Nope. As soon as you take your foot off the brake, the engine will start. However, unlike the previous HCHs, if you creep forward and put your foot on the brake again, the engine will shut down again.

Old 02-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply

i guess it will just take some getting used to once i get my car.

if everyone here drives and have no complaints about it, then i guess i can do the same

best regards,
gj

Old 02-26-2006, 09:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CamelFilters
I guess it will just take some getting used to once i get my car.
Are you kidding?!? That's half the fun of owning the car. Becareful because I tend to spend too much time watching the gauges and meters and less on the road in front of me. Funny how the nav system and cell phones get all the attention when they talk about things that distract the driver while the car is moving.

P.S. Yeah! 300 posts!

Old 02-27-2006, 12:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

I agree!

I love the interior guages and leds infront of me that i also found myself mostly focused on the gas consumption meter beside the speedometer. I think i'll really try and make an effort to forget about gas consumption because regardless of what it is, i know that my fuel consumption will still be better off with this car than any other car i buy; with the exception of the prius, insight, or maybe even the toyota yaris manual.

Also, i do a lot of maintenance work myself (no i'm not a mechanic); i learned a lot from my first vehicle. I change my own oil, filter, plugs, coolant, air filters, etc. I'm already thinking of changing the oil into mobil 1 0w20 and skipping honda's oil change interval at the dealer and doing doing it at home instead; i'll just have to let them teach me how to reset the maintenance computer myself which i also do on my bmw. The only thing i cant do is change the tranny fluid, adjust valves, and replace drive belts; but those are no big deal and i'll let them rip off artists do those .
but if i really want to learn how to do those... nah those are not changed very often anyways, for example drive belts dont need to be changed unless there are at least 3 cracks per inch, so is the case with the valves, unless i really start hearing the engine knocking and clicking to the point where it annoys me, but i really dont see that happening for at least 4-5 years during that time i'll be trading this in for another hybrid

best regards,
gj

Last edited by CamelFilters; 02-27-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Congratulations Paul on your new purchase. She's a beauty.