new here....looking for some foglights...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default new here....looking for some foglights...

Hello to Everyone...

I'm new here. I actually have an 02 EX civic, but I have an 03 hybrid bumper on it and I'm having a hard time finding foglights to fit. I know they exsist. I did search and the one suggested website did not have them for the hybrid. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
Emily

Old 10-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Default Re: new here....looking for some foglights...

Search ebay. They show up there occasionaly. Usualy they are for the europeian versions so the wiring harness may need to be modified slightly.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:15 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: new here....looking for some foglights...

I may be wrong, but can you not get them from your Honda dealers parts dept.? I had a 03 Civic Hybrid and I could have swore that when I picked it up it had "Factory Honda Fog-Lights installed.

Price is around $687.30 Installed. I just looked up the cost on my present Civic. Very Pricey and thats why you don't see many Civics with them. Thats the price I was charged on the 2005 Honda Civic Limited Edition that I have now and I would assume (Hate-To-Use-That-Word) they were the same price for the 03 Hybrid I had.

HTH

Terry

Old 10-04-2005, 07:24 PM
Default Re: new here....looking for some foglights...

Nope. As far as I can tell no honda dealer has fog lights for 03 HCHs If they did $687 would be a rip off. The other fog light kits are about $250 for the kit and $200 for install on a regular civic.

The reason you can't find 03 hch fog lights is because we use the rear window defogger button to the left of the stearing column. And it takes the place of where the fog light switch is supposed to go. Thats another thing I had to do to put fog lights in my car. I had to locate the foglight button near the ciggarette lighter.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:31 PM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: new here....looking for some foglights...

Originally Posted by tbaleno
Nope. As far as I can tell no honda dealer has fog lights for 03 HCHs If they did $687 would be a rip off. The other fog light kits are about $250 for the kit and $200 for install on a regular civic.

The reason you can't find 03 hch fog lights is because we use the rear window defogger button to the left of the stearing column. And it takes the place of where the fog light switch is supposed to go. Thats another thing I had to do to put fog lights in my car. I had to locate the foglight button near the ciggarette lighter.
Thanks Tom; for the heads up because I could not remember if I had them on the 03 HCH or not, did not keep it long and there has been many-many cars after it. Hope this helps the person looking for them:

Terry

BTW; your right some dealers Labor cost per labor hour are pathetic. I went back to my delivery sheet and looked up the cost that I was charged for the Fogs on present Civic and I agree the price is way to much. I just called a friend of mine and I was "KINDA-RIGHT" I did pick up the 03 HCH with Fog-Lights but what I forgot was the dealer sent the HCH out to another specialty shop and that shop installed HID Xenon Fog lights in the HCH and they looked like they came in vehicle from factory. Very Brite and Very Expensive as I recall. Sorry about the confusion:

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-04-2005 at 07:55 PM.