HCH owners rejoice! Mobile 1 0W-20 Synthetic is back!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default HCH owners rejoice! Mobile 1 0W-20 Synthetic is back!

Just found out that Mobile 1 has brought back the 0W-20 synthetic oil back into their lineup in Feb 2006! HCH owners: use this oil for great mileage...period. See link below...I saw it on sale at Wal-Mart today.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...l_1_0W-20.aspx

Old 02-26-2006, 09:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: HCH owners rejoice! Mobile 1 0W-20 Synthetic is back!

Wow, someone that still does their own oil changes.

Do dealers typically provide the option when they change the oil of synthetic or regular? We have a dealer here that guarantees under 30 minutes (no appointment) and only charges like $25.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Enthusiast

I like changing my oil because it forces me to actually look under the hood. I usually catch minor problems before they get out of hand. In one of my other cars, I found a small leak in the radiator hose. I took care of it before it got worse.

I was reviewing the manual for oil change procedures, and it looks like I have to lose about 20lbs before I tackle it. It looks pretty tight down there.

-CFB

Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM
World's First Hybrid

Originally Posted by Jacky
Just found out that Mobile 1 has brought back the 0W-20 synthetic oil back into their lineup in Feb 2006! HCH owners: use this oil for great mileage...period. See link below...I saw it on sale at Wal-Mart today.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...l_1_0W-20.aspx
I haven't noticed any mpg improvements since changing to 0-20W Mob 1 but the weather has been very cold here. I'm hoping that once the weather gets warmer in spring, my mpg's will go up to previous levels or better. But, I've always used synthetic oil in prev cars so the HCH will be no different.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:29 PM

I change my own oil.
Then I know it has exactly the right amount of oil.
I know the car really got Mobile1 0w20 oil and a Mobile1 filter.
I know the bolt is torqued to the right pressure and a new washer was used.

Old 02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

now, I need to learn how to change the oil myself... lol

Old 02-26-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by chimyfolkbutter
I like changing my oil because it forces me to actually look under the hood. I usually catch minor problems before they get out of hand. In one of my other cars, I found a small leak in the radiator hose. I took care of it before it got worse.

I was reviewing the manual for oil change procedures, and it looks like I have to lose about 20lbs before I tackle it. It looks pretty tight down there.

-CFB
If for no other reason, that is the A #1 best reason to at least crawl under now and again. I've caught leaks in almost every car I've owned by looking around while waiting for the oil to drain. Never would've seen them otherwise until too late.
I caught a busted CV joint, only because the grease splooged all over the underside by the oil filter, and I knew it wasn't there before. Turned out the bearing had frozen as well- another 500 miles and it would've sheared the wheel clean off at 70mph.

Ya think Lubeshak would've noticed, cared, or thought otherwise of a little grease underneath?

You don't even need to know what you're looking at- so no excuses from the 'not mechanically inclined' folks. You're simply looking for something that was not there before, or vice versa. (Dirt and grime excepted) Then go tell your mechanic.

Old 02-26-2006, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by gonavy

You don't even need to know what you're looking at- so no excuses from the 'not mechanically inclined' folks. You're simply looking for something that was not there before, or vice versa. (Dirt and grime excepted) Then go tell your mechanic.
I find it much simpler to just let the mechanic find it in the first place. No coveralls required. :-)

Old 02-27-2006, 03:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zimbop
I find it much simpler to just let the mechanic find it in the first place. No coveralls required. :-)
Coveralls no, wad-o-cash yes. Modern vehicles have a - l o n g - service interval. Problems may and do sometimes crop up before your next scheduled maintenance visit.

But hey, everyone has their own comfort zone. I like changing my own oil and eyeballing my vehicle up close and personal.