Installing the auto-dimming mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Installing the auto-dimming mirror

Originally Posted by Garobill
One item I found interesting (at least for me) is that the nav on the HCH is WAY better than the nav on my wife's HiHy. It's easier to use, has a bit more detail, and a LOT more flexibility re entering addresses, displaying POIs, etc.
My brother is a manager for a large volume Toyota store. They had big wigs in from Japan. These Toyota of Japan guys had translators - they spoke english but with such a thick accent many could not understand - my younger brother said he understood them fine even with the thick accent and all, but others had to get the translated version before they understood the communication. Anyways what I am getting at is that he basically told them that they need to "copy the Honda navigation system." I wonder how they felt about that!

My brother is a big Toyota fan and I am a big Honda fan.... kinda weird, but we do agree that they both have their strengths and both are great companies. IMHO, Toyota was quicker to become more americanized... Honda had retained much more of the Japanese standards.

I have owned 10 new Honda and Acura products over the years... I think that says it all!

Oh, and as far as the original topic, I have installed fog lights in my Pilot, and done some other tinkering on other vehicles, but for some reason the install on the rear view mirrior does not look like one I want to undertake myself... rather pay someone else to do that one. Kudos to those who are confident enough to do it themselves.