IMA Light on 2006

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 05:28 PM
G.H. Contributor
Default Re: IMA Light on 2006

Originally Posted by tcteach307
Hi,

I'm a newbie here so I'm asking for forgiveness in advance in case I'm out of line.

I ended up at this forum because my 2006 HCH has been repeatedly giving me the IMA light warning. What's particularly frustrating is that, to begin with, the dealership I'm taking the HCH to initially told me that the IMA Light was coming on because I hadn't properly replaced the gas cap after fueling (even though I read the manual and replaced it properly). After proving that the IMA Light was continually coming on, the service department took me seriously. After two more IMA experiences (the last happening before I even got the car out of the parking lot of the dealership) and grease stains on the interior of my new car, I'm about ready to use my state's lemon law solution. I'm hoping my issues will be addressed as professionally as the others I've read about in this forum.

Thanks for allowing me to share.

J.
Here is my Comment to the Poster that had his HCH II bought back. Good-Luck
05-17-2006, 10:06 PM
tigerhonaker
G.H. Contributor

Hybrids: I took it Home On 3/4/2006

Re: 2006 Civic Hybrid Problems (already)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer
After 2 weeks of waiting for the new battery module, the dealership phoned to tell me I could pick up the car. Started the car and the engine light remained on. Didn't even make it out of the dealership parking lot. They put me back in my 2004 basic Civic and they are now talking about replacing the battery pack again. What a frustrating experience. What about Honda's stellar reputation? It's not what my first Honda experience has been about. I'm anticipating legal action.

Spencer;
This not sound good. I would be of the same Mind Set as you. I can tell you this I have had many-many Hondas over the yrs. and I have (Always) been taken care of.

I have a 2006 HCH II and it is (Perfect) as far as I can tell. I have only got like 2,000 miles on it so far but it is doing just fine.

I would suggest that if you are a good-talker that you call Honda Customer Service (Yourself) and have a talk with them, A.S.A.P.

Good-Luck;

Terry

BTW, Don't just give up yet on Honda.

tigerhonaker
2006 HCH II

2006 HCH II