IMA Light on 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 04:54 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: IMA Light on 2006

Originally Posted by 06HCH - MP
Great news. I got another call from the dealer to go pick up my car. It turns out that they removed the battery from another 06 HCH they had in stock and put it in mine. i couldn't be happier that I have my car back and that I have such a great dealer. Kudos to Honda for resolving my issue in such a quick manner.
Hi;

Say that is just Great and here you go, back in the HCH ll and "Smiling-again"

Glad things worked out so fast for you. GO-HONDA !!!

Terry

Old 01-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Default Re: IMA Light on 2006

My guess is they found it would be two weeks to get the battery from Japan. It was nice of them to borrow one from another car. This is provided they didn't stick it in another car and not tell the new owner

Old 01-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06HCH - MP
Great news. I got another call from the dealer to go pick up my car. It turns out that they removed the battery from another 06 HCH they had in stock and put it in mine. i couldn't be happier that I have my car back and that I have such a great dealer. Kudos to Honda for resolving my issue in such a quick manner.
Great for you!! I wonder what they'll do with the other car. Are they allowed to sell it as new once they've replaced the original batteries? I wouldn't think so.

Old 01-21-2006, 11:53 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: IMA Light on 2006

Originally Posted by ElanC
Great for you!! I wonder what they'll do with the other car. Are they allowed to sell it as new once they've replaced the original batteries? I wouldn't think so.
Hi Elan;

The answer is "YES" it will be sold as New bacause the other HCH ll is New. It was never Sold to anyone or Titled to anyone as a Sold Unit. It is really Know-Different than a vehicle coming to the dealer on a carrier and when they get ready to unload the vehicle it will not start. It has a New Battery from the factory but for some reason it has went Bad. The vehicle is Jumped Started and parked and then brought into the service department and the Battery is replaced with another new battery. It happens more frequent than one would think. It is not un-common to those of us in the Business.

The nice thing in this case was the dealer that was "Kind" enough to go ahead and Replace that Members Bad battery with the New Battery from the New un-sold HCH ll still on the lot, instead of having their customer wait until a New Battery arrived in a few days.

Everyone in this case is a winner. The dealer comes out smelling like a "Rose" to their customer and the Customer came out of this with a really "Positive-Feeling" about his dealer. The customer that buys the HCH ll that the Battery was removed from also comes out okey because they still have a New Battery when they get their New HCH ll from the dealer.

Good-Show!!!!

Terry

BTW; It would really be nice if all dealers took this same approach:

Old 01-21-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker

The answer is "YES" it will be sold as New bacause the other HCH ll is New. It was never Sold to anyone or Titled to anyone as a Sold Unit. It is really Know-Different than a vehicle coming to the dealer on a carrier and when they get ready to unload the vehicle it will not start. It has a New Battery from the factory but for some reason it has went Bad. The vehicle is Jumped Started and parked and then brought into the service department and the Battery is replaced with another new battery. It happens more frequent than one would think. It is not un-common to those of us in the Business.
Perhaps that's the practice in the auto business and perhaps it's legal.

I've bought refurbished computers a few times. Whenever a new computer comes off the production line and fails the initial test, and has to be repaired, it is no longer legal to sell it as new. Even though it is repaired at the factory with original manufacturer parts, and is packaged the same as a new computer with the same warranty, it must be sold as "refurbished".

Old 01-21-2006, 03:55 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: IMA Light on 2006

Originally Posted by ElanC
Perhaps that's the practice in the auto business and perhaps it's legal.

I've bought refurbished computers a few times. Whenever a new computer comes off the production line and fails the initial test, and has to be repaired, it is no longer legal to sell it as new. Even though it is repaired at the factory with original manufacturer parts, and is packaged the same as a new computer with the same warranty, it must be sold as "refurbished".
ElanC;

I think the difference is, the Vehicle has a "Title" and Computers don't.

The computer I can see would be Refurbished, where as the HCH ll is New and Has not been Titled to anyone and is simply replacing the Battery.

Just as a Heads-Up on vehicles, even when a Vehicle comes to a dealer with "DAMAGE" done in Transit, it is still sold as "New". The damage is reported to the Purchaser only if the Damage exceeds a (Certain-Dollar-Amount). That amount I imagine may vary according to different states Laws. "NOT-SURE" on that.

It's the car/Vehicle Business and nothing else is like it.

Terry

Old 01-21-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
It's the car/Vehicle Business and nothing else is like it.
Yeah, not surprising. Lying is normal in the car business, so why stop now?

Old 08-31-2006, 09:06 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Re: IMA Light on 2006

Hi,

I'm a newbie here so I'm asking for forgiveness in advance in case I'm out of line.

I ended up at this forum because my 2006 HCH has been repeatedly giving me the IMA light warning. What's particularly frustrating is that, to begin with, the dealership I'm taking the HCH to initially told me that the IMA Light was coming on because I hadn't properly replaced the gas cap after fueling (even though I read the manual and replaced it properly). After proving that the IMA Light was continually coming on, the service department took me seriously. After two more IMA experiences (the last happening before I even got the car out of the parking lot of the dealership) and grease stains on the interior of my new car, I'm about ready to use my state's lemon law solution. I'm hoping my issues will be addressed as professionally as the others I've read about in this forum.

Thanks for allowing me to share.

J.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:09 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Take it to a different dealer. If they honestly believe that the IMA light is caused by a gas cap mis-installation, they really shouldn't be trusted. You aren't bound to the service department of the dealer where you bought the car for warranty repair.

Old 09-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Enthusiast

I got the same story from a dealership that my gas cap was loose. After month without the car I do not believe they every found the real problem with the car. Honda finally ended up replacing my car.

See my post about the problems I had with my IMA.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...l?page=6&pp=10

Good luck with yours, keep good records if you need to invoke the lemon law.

Last edited by hchowner; 09-09-2006 at 05:28 PM.

Quick Reply: IMA Light on 2006

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands