IMA Light on 2006

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default IMA Light on 2006

Just as it reads. Today on my way home, the IMA light turned on. For the last couple of weeks, the battery was behaving strangely. It would recal once or twice a day and go from six or seven bars down to one. I just dropped it off at the dealer where they will check it tomorrow. Also, there was a slight burning smell before the light went on. Anyone have any clues. I'm very frustrated as my car only has 1,880 miles.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator & Contributor ($)
Default Re: IMA Light on 2006

That new of a car would certainly be fully covered. Take it back to the dealer and let them worry about it, after they give you a loaner.

Old 01-18-2006, 05:10 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: IMA Light on 2006

Originally Posted by 06HCH - MP
Just as it reads. Today on my way home, the IMA light turned on. For the last couple of weeks, the battery was behaving strangely. It would recal once or twice a day and go from six or seven bars down to one. I just dropped it off at the dealer where they will check it tomorrow. Also, there was a slight burning smell before the light went on. Anyone have any clues. I'm very frustrated as my car only has 1,880 miles.
Hi;

If I am reading this Post correct. You have dropped the car off at your dealer already. Do us a favor here and let us know what was causing this situation. The Burning Smell does not sound good though.

Sorry about the Problem with your New HCH ll but I bet Honda will have you going in know time at all and you will once again be with having your New Baby back.

Regards;

Terry

Old 01-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

And with any problem, remember your vehicle was made on an assembly line with some human interaction. NO HUMAN IS PERFECT ... although some of us like to think we are. It might have been a simple mistake, but Honda I am sure will take care of it for you just fine. Sorry to hear you had the problem. Take care and keep us updated on the progress.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast

How strong was the burning smell?
Sometimes, at about the same place on my homeward commute, I get a slight whiff of something like hot electronics. Not very strong at all. Could just be the battery, etc, warming up. Nothing at all in the morning, tho.
I'm hoping I'm not on my way to a toasted battery/whatever. No other symptoms at all, though.

No worries, though, since Honda will make it right... just a PITA

cx

Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I get the same smell, I figure it is the battery warming up and the fan kicking on, the back seat passenger will notice it, and I usually don't. Mine is a 05 with less than 10,000 miles. I didn't notice that it was said to be a slight burning smell, wonder how many other HCH owners of both gens notice this, how normal it is?

Old 01-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Enthusiast

I just called the dealer. The code was for a bad battery pack. He said the diagnostic booklet is 20 pages long and that they have to talk with Honda Tech so they will let me know by 3 or 4 pm. I wonder how long it's going to take to get the parts to repair the car. One of the reasons I bought a Honda was for the reliablity, how could a battery pack go bad at 1,800 miles?

Old 01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 06HCH - MP
One of the reasons I bought a Honda was for the reliablity, how could a battery pack go bad at 1,800 miles?
Electronics

Even a Sony product has a bad apple in every batch.

The good news is like Sony - Hondas bad apples are few and far between and the better news is it will be replaced if needed and I have found that they put you in a pretty nice ride (I drove a 3.2 while my old 1.6 was in the shop - a nice trade) while you have to wait for your vehicle.

Keep us posted!

Old 01-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast

Got another call from the dealer. Honda Tech said to replace the battery pack and that it will be here on Tuesday of next week. . By the way, they rented me a PT Cruiser till then.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluesesshomaru17
I get the same smell, I figure it is the battery warming up and the fan kicking on, the back seat passenger will notice it, and I usually don't. Mine is a 05 with less than 10,000 miles. I didn't notice that it was said to be a slight burning smell, wonder how many other HCH owners of both gens notice this, how normal it is?
I smelled it once when my wife got home from work in the HCH. During my own driving I've never smelled it, but my sense of smell is rotten.

We'll wait and see.

Last night during a 50 mile drive I noticed that the battery charge never went over 7/8. On previous similar trips it has always reached full. I wonder why.

Quick Reply: IMA Light on 2006

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands