I need tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast
Default I need tires

Well it's time to replace my tires. Mine came with the Dunlops. While I was never crazy about these tires I did get 55,000 miles on them.

I have been searching the web. And doing research on which tires would be the best choice. And I am still confused. I live in Northern California. So, I only have only have deal with rain. No snow or ice.

I've read some recommendations for the Sumitoma HTR 200. And I am considering that. But, Ive never heard anyone mention the Continental Conti Premier Contact. Which was given high marks from Consumers Reports.

Or should I just get some more Dunlops?

Any thoughts? Or other suggestions?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=S

Thanks

Old 01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I need tires

I have the Sumitoma HTR 200 and have no complaints.

If you live in an area with little to no snow, then hands down that is the way to go. If you live in an area such as me where we get lots of snow during the winter month, then you are going to need a set of snows. The Sumitoma will not work in the snow. But since all weather tire suck equally at everything, I decided to buy 2 sets of tires, one for the winter month, and the Sumitoma for the rest of the year. Therefore I get the best of both worlds. In the winter my car handles like it is on rails and in the summer month my car can drive through monsoon like conditions (where as my OEM Dunlops were all over the road).

Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I need tires

Michelin Ice-X