Need New Tires 05 prius!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Need New Tires 05 prius!

after 41,000 just about all tires all used up.... need suggestions.... Comfortread, Triple Tread....... Yokohama Avid trz? anyone got good knowledge.... I live in Va and need good Traction for Winter! JH

Old 09-01-2006, 08:21 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Need New Tires 05 prius!

I have been very happy with the TripleTreds on my '04 and the handle the snow well. Did you make it through the winter on the OEM's fairly comfortably? If so, I don't think you need a lot of snow traction since they basically have none.

Bob Wilson had a recent thread on the same subjuct pointing to the Consumer Reports site with a review of All Season tires. It would be worth a look. For the money the Yokohama AVID TRZ looks really good. TireRack has them for $54, the CR article has them listed at $70. It has a VERY directional, asymetrical tread pattern. If you get them, make sure they are mounted properly The TireRack price on the TTs is ~$93 , whereas the CR review lists them at $80, must have been a big price increase recently.