!$*@%* Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks
Default !$*@%* Hybrid

So driving down the road shopping for cheap gas (because I can go forever until I find it) and wala jackpot.
Fill it up and a week later gas has gone down .07 but heck I can go another 300+ miles still why get gas it "might" get cheaper after all (LMAO you just can't see me).
Then what always happens is I don't fill up because at a half tank I can go further than most on a full one and when I do finally have to get gas it has gone up .10, stupid gas saving HCH
Clif

Old 01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Default Re: !$*@%* Hybrid

LOL. Those thoughts are shared by many I think. It's like should I get gas or wait until it goes down. Then WHAM prices jump just when you are around empty. It totaly happened to me.

Old 01-29-2006, 12:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Duc
So driving down the road shopping for cheap gas (because I can go forever until I find it) and wala jackpot.
Fill it up and a week later gas has gone down .07 but heck I can go another 300+ miles still why get gas it "might" get cheaper after all (LMAO you just can't see me).
Then what always happens is I don't fill up because at a half tank I can go further than most on a full one and when I do finally have to get gas it has gone up .10, stupid gas saving HCH
Clif

$.10 eh? On ten gallons that's a dollar. Is it really worth all the aggravation for a freaking buck? I just fill up when it needs it, I figure the timing of prices will all average out over time anyway.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by zimbop
$.10 eh? On ten gallons that's a dollar. Is it really worth all the aggravation for a freaking buck? I just fill up when it needs it, I figure the timing of prices will all average out over time anyway.
$1 here $1 there adds up, ! am 30-60 days from being retired (Army) and every dollar counts with what we get paid.
$1 will buy me Taco Bell after I get gas, fuel and lunch thats what I am talking about......
Clif
Besides my post was meant to be a haha not really an aggravation post, though I do have to admit gas going up and down in price daily pisses me off now that you mention it.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:18 PM

When gas is going up, I fill up between 3/4 and 1/2. When gas is going down, I wait as long as possible before filling up. You'll always spend more next year than you will this year ... no matter what.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:49 PM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by Duc
$1 will buy me Taco Bell after I get gas
What do you mean "buy me Taco Bell after you get gas"? You get gas for free after you eat at Taco Bell!

Old 01-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Originally Posted by Sledge
What do you mean "buy me Taco Bell after you get gas"? You get gas for free after you eat at Taco Bell!
If someone would just build a transfer device we would have free fuel but I cannot close the gas cap fast enough
Clif

Old 01-29-2006, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sledge
Ok, so normally I'm not really laughing out loud when I say LOL, but this time it's really true. My wife even came in the room to see what all the fuss was about. Thats a good one.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

The funny thing is, with the Prius gas can go down 10c a gal then up 20 then down 20 then back up to the original cost, all before i need a fillup again !

Old 01-30-2006, 05:29 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

When the prices spiked to over $3.00 during the Labor day time period, I was able to get away with filling up only once during that time. The high mileage, combined with a 700+ tank, and a couple of days off, combined for avoiding having to fill-up a few times at $3.00+.

The added benefit was that the government hiked to per mile allowance that companies are allowed to reimburse employees for company related travel. In December, I was given an assignment at a different corporate office. So, for three days a week, I was paid that high rate whilst paying $1.89 for gas.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands