Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Honda Civic Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/)
-   -   !$*@%* Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/honda-civic-hybrid-12/hybrid-5690/)

Duc 01-29-2006 11:24 AM

!$*@%* Hybrid

So driving down the road shopping for cheap gas (because I can go forever until I find it) and wala jackpot.
Fill it up and a week later gas has gone down .07 but heck I can go another 300+ miles still why get gas it "might" get cheaper after all (LMAO you just can't see me).
Then what always happens is I don't fill up because at a half tank I can go further than most on a full one and when I do finally have to get gas it has gone up .10, stupid gas saving HCH :D
Clif

tbaleno 01-29-2006 12:20 PM

Re: !$*@%* Hybrid

LOL. Those thoughts are shared by many I think. It's like should I get gas or wait until it goes down. Then WHAM prices jump just when you are around empty. It totaly happened to me.

zimbop 01-29-2006 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Duc
So driving down the road shopping for cheap gas (because I can go forever until I find it) and wala jackpot.
Fill it up and a week later gas has gone down .07 but heck I can go another 300+ miles still why get gas it "might" get cheaper after all (LMAO you just can't see me).
Then what always happens is I don't fill up because at a half tank I can go further than most on a full one and when I do finally have to get gas it has gone up .10, stupid gas saving HCH :D
Clif

$.10 eh? On ten gallons that's a dollar. Is it really worth all the aggravation for a freaking buck? I just fill up when it needs it, I figure the timing of prices will all average out over time anyway.

Duc 01-29-2006 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by zimbop
$.10 eh? On ten gallons that's a dollar. Is it really worth all the aggravation for a freaking buck? I just fill up when it needs it, I figure the timing of prices will all average out over time anyway.

$1 here $1 there adds up, ! am 30-60 days from being retired (Army) and every dollar counts with what we get paid.
$1 will buy me Taco Bell after I get gas, fuel and lunch thats what I am talking about......
Clif
Besides my post was meant to be a haha not really an aggravation post, though I do have to admit gas going up and down in price daily pisses me off now that you mention it.

AZMerf 01-29-2006 01:18 PM

When gas is going up, I fill up between 3/4 and 1/2. When gas is going down, I wait as long as possible before filling up. You'll always spend more next year than you will this year ... no matter what.

Sledge 01-29-2006 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Duc
$1 will buy me Taco Bell after I get gas

What do you mean "buy me Taco Bell after you get gas"? You get gas for free after you eat at Taco Bell! :D

Duc 01-29-2006 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sledge
What do you mean "buy me Taco Bell after you get gas"? You get gas for free after you eat at Taco Bell! :D

If someone would just build a transfer device we would have free fuel but I cannot close the gas cap fast enough :D :D
Clif

zimbop 01-29-2006 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sledge

Ok, so normally I'm not really laughing out loud when I say LOL, but this time it's really true. My wife even came in the room to see what all the fuss was about. Thats a good one.

Clubford00 01-29-2006 08:12 PM

The funny thing is, with the Prius gas can go down 10c a gal then up 20 then down 20 then back up to the original cost, all before i need a fillup again !

zadscmc 01-30-2006 05:29 AM

When the prices spiked to over $3.00 during the Labor day time period, I was able to get away with filling up only once during that time. The high mileage, combined with a 700+ tank, and a couple of days off, combined for avoiding having to fill-up a few times at $3.00+.

The added benefit was that the government hiked to per mile allowance that companies are allowed to reimburse employees for company related travel. In December, I was given an assignment at a different corporate office. So, for three days a week, I was paid that high rate whilst paying $1.89 for gas.