How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 09:11 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

If anyone is in the central PA area and looking for a HCH in Galaxy Gray w/Navi - I know of one that will be available as of Monday.

It's a bit of a long story - but what the heck, it's a quiet day here today. Here's my car - buying tale:

Back in October, I went to Hanover Honda in Hanover PA and told them I wanted to order an 06 HCH in Mag Pearl with Navi. Of course nobody had stock on them yet, which was fine with me. I asked if they can 'order' one for me. I was told, No - but they could do a locate to see if they could find one. They did a 'locate' and within 15 minutes said they would have one for me in a few weeks. 'No rush', I said - I don't want to pick it up until after Jan 1st (tax reasons of course) and my trusty Insight is just fine.
I also asked them how much they could offer on a trade for the Insight ('01 w/129k miles) and was quoted 'somewhere between 6500 and 7000, depending on what it looks like when you come in to get the HCH'. We were driving my wife's Pilot that night.
2 weeks ago, I got a call from someone at the dealership to tell me my car was in! Unfortunately, my sales person is no longer with the dealer. Ok, but I still don't want to pick it up until after the 1st.
No problem, they say - it'll be here for you, and if you want to come check it out, feel free.
So - since I had the day off yesterday, I took the hour drive up to Hanover to check out the new car. This time I drove the Insight up to the dealer so I could get an accurate trade-in value.
I pulled in and the salesperson met me at the door. No problem, he says, I'll pull the car around for you!
Well....he pulls around a nice '06 HCH in Galaxy Gray.
Me: "This isn't the car I ordered" - I say.
SG: "Hmmm...let me check with the manager"
So...after about 15 minutes of waiting, the sales guy comes back and lets me know that 'sorry, this was the only color we could get for you'.
Me: WHAT??? I ordered this car in October, and told you what I wanted - and your sales manager told me within 10 minutes that he found the car I wanted.
SG: Well - this is the only one we could get - there aren't any Mag Pearl one's w/Navi available.
Me: Ok...whatever...we'll work this out....can you get me a formal trade-in value on my Insight?
SG: Sure, we'll take a look at it for you.
types in kbb.com
SG: OK, we can probably give you.....somewhere around $4600 for the car, let me have the manager look it over.
Me: WHAT? I was told by my 'previous' sales guy to expect between $6500 and $7000.
SG: No...sorry with that many miles, we have to list it as "Fair"
(ok...I'm REALLY getting annoyed now - it's got a lot of miles, but it's amazingly clean and well maintained)
So sales guy leaves for about 15 minutes and comes back. Note that the Insight has been sitting right in front of me, and nobody touched it - let alone drove it.
SG: Ok, the manager will offer you $4,000 for your Insight.

I almost blew a fuse.

So - on my way back from that dealership, I stopped at another Honda dealer (Apple Honda in York, PA). Told them exactly what I wanted. Sales guy does a locate
SG2: Ok, there are 4 in a 5-state area. There's a possibilty we can get one of those, if not - worst case we can order one for you.
Me: You can do that?
SG2: Sure, but it will take about 8 weeks if we have to order.
Me: Ok, I was told by another dealer that you can't order cars - Honda doesn't work that way.
SG2 just shakes his head.
Me: OK, can you give me a trade value on the Insight.
SG2: Sure, let me have the boss take it for a spin
I see the Insight zipping around the lot about 5 minutes later
10 minutes later...
SG2: Ok, the boss says that is about the cleanest car with 130k miles he's ever seen. Although there isn't much market for Insights around here - we'll give you $7,000 for it.
Me: SOLD!
I'm expecting a call on Wednesday to let me know if they can get me one locally, or have to order it.

So - I will be calling Hanover Honda on Monday to tell them what they can do with their $4,000 trade value and their Galaxy Gray HCH w/Navi. If anyone is looking for one, it'll probably be 'available' by Monday afternoon. They want MSRP for the car, so at least they aren't trying to jack the price.

Old 12-24-2005, 10:08 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by JimHolmgren
If anyone is in the central PA area and looking for a HCH in Galaxy Gray w/Navi - I know of one that will be available as of Monday.

It's a bit of a long story - but what the heck, it's a quiet day here today. Here's my car - buying tale:

Back in October, I went to Hanover Honda in Hanover PA and told them I wanted to order an 06 HCH in Mag Pearl with Navi. Of course nobody had stock on them yet, which was fine with me. I asked if they can 'order' one for me. I was told, No - but they could do a locate to see if they could find one. They did a 'locate' and within 15 minutes said they would have one for me in a few weeks. 'No rush', I said - I don't want to pick it up until after Jan 1st (tax reasons of course) and my trusty Insight is just fine.
I also asked them how much they could offer on a trade for the Insight ('01 w/129k miles) and was quoted 'somewhere between 6500 and 7000, depending on what it looks like when you come in to get the HCH'. We were driving my wife's Pilot that night.
2 weeks ago, I got a call from someone at the dealership to tell me my car was in! Unfortunately, my sales person is no longer with the dealer. Ok, but I still don't want to pick it up until after the 1st.
No problem, they say - it'll be here for you, and if you want to come check it out, feel free.
So - since I had the day off yesterday, I took the hour drive up to Hanover to check out the new car. This time I drove the Insight up to the dealer so I could get an accurate trade-in value.
I pulled in and the salesperson met me at the door. No problem, he says, I'll pull the car around for you!
Well....he pulls around a nice '06 HCH in Galaxy Gray.
Me: "This isn't the car I ordered" - I say.
SG: "Hmmm...let me check with the manager"
So...after about 15 minutes of waiting, the sales guy comes back and lets me know that 'sorry, this was the only color we could get for you'.
Me: WHAT??? I ordered this car in October, and told you what I wanted - and your sales manager told me within 10 minutes that he found the car I wanted.
SG: Well - this is the only one we could get - there aren't any Mag Pearl one's w/Navi available.
Me: Ok...whatever...we'll work this out....can you get me a formal trade-in value on my Insight?
SG: Sure, we'll take a look at it for you.
types in kbb.com
SG: OK, we can probably give you.....somewhere around $4600 for the car, let me have the manager look it over.
Me: WHAT? I was told by my 'previous' sales guy to expect between $6500 and $7000.
SG: No...sorry with that many miles, we have to list it as "Fair"
(ok...I'm REALLY getting annoyed now - it's got a lot of miles, but it's amazingly clean and well maintained)
So sales guy leaves for about 15 minutes and comes back. Note that the Insight has been sitting right in front of me, and nobody touched it - let alone drove it.
SG: Ok, the manager will offer you $4,000 for your Insight.

I almost blew a fuse.

So - on my way back from that dealership, I stopped at another Honda dealer (Apple Honda in York, PA). Told them exactly what I wanted. Sales guy does a locate
SG2: Ok, there are 4 in a 5-state area. There's a possibilty we can get one of those, if not - worst case we can order one for you.
Me: You can do that?
SG2: Sure, but it will take about 8 weeks if we have to order.
Me: Ok, I was told by another dealer that you can't order cars - Honda doesn't work that way.
SG2 just shakes his head.
Me: OK, can you give me a trade value on the Insight.
SG2: Sure, let me have the boss take it for a spin
I see the Insight zipping around the lot about 5 minutes later
10 minutes later...
SG2: Ok, the boss says that is about the cleanest car with 130k miles he's ever seen. Although there isn't much market for Insights around here - we'll give you $7,000 for it.
Me: SOLD!
I'm expecting a call on Wednesday to let me know if they can get me one locally, or have to order it.

So - I will be calling Hanover Honda on Monday to tell them what they can do with their $4,000 trade value and their Galaxy Gray HCH w/Navi. If anyone is looking for one, it'll probably be 'available' by Monday afternoon. They want MSRP for the car, so at least they aren't trying to jack the price.
Hi Jim; Great Long Story; That thankfully has turned out (Shall-We-Say-Great) for you. Take a few minutes and read this Thread if you like (Dealer-Stories), in this case mine.

"Why" I originally cancelled The 2006 (HCH)

Now there was a Story for you, Right ????

After you read this Thread take a minute and (ADD) your name to the List of Members that are going to take delivery of their HCH ll's after Jan. 1st.

How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006

Thanks and we all are going to just go "Crazy" when we Finally get our hch ll's:

Regards;

Terry

Old 12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
4 Kids-Can't afford gas!
Default Oops...wrong color

I just received a call from my salesman. They brought my car up from the storage lot and it was Galaxy Gray, not Magnetic Pearl. So, the dealership is trying to work another trade to get my car in. But, unfortunately, it may not happen by next Monday.

Oh well. At least I'm not in dire need of delivery. Now I guess my full mask, splash guards and leather steering wheel cover that I just ordered will be here before the car.

Patience, Grasshopper....

Old 12-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Active Enthusiast

I got a call from my dealer yesterday and my Magnetic Pearl HCH is somewhere in Minnesota on it's way here. I told my dealer that it was no rush as I didn't want to take delivery until after the 1st of the year anyway. He also has the vin number for it.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:14 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST
Default Re: Oops...wrong color

[B][I]Mochisushi,
I'm getting my HCH II Opal Silver Metallic Blue near the first of the year. Sorry to hear about the wrong color. Hope yours comes in soon!
Don

Old 12-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Enthusiast

Picking up our 06 HCH on Monday (Magnetic Pearl)

DKeane

Old 12-28-2005, 03:30 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by dkeane
Picking up our 06 HCH on Monday (Magnetic Pearl)

DKeane
Dennis Congrats

Terry

BTW; Don't forget to tell us how you like it:

Old 12-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

Count me in !

I am waiting mine for January 2006 as well.

I got a VIN number if it means anything.
Google search shows carfax record of 0 for that VIN number. I guess it is new ..

$2,100 credit will be sweet.

As told before, metallic silver with blue interior for $21,000.
%3.9 honda finance, %1.5 lower than what my bank approved me for.

Last edited by TheTurk; 12-28-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:21 AM
Enthusiast

I would be interested in how you got the 3.9% interest rate. I think I am currently approved for 5.39% through eloan.com

DKeane

Old 12-29-2005, 04:13 AM
MEAN TO BE GREEN ACTIVIST

My dealer was hard pressed to match 5.3% from my credit union. I will ask again about Honda Financing. That's great to get 3.9% from Honda.

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands