How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 07:18 PM
G.H. Contributor
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by love2scuba
Terry,
Thanks for the quick reply, but it was post #14 that got me confused. Everyone else that I have talked to, including the dealer, that the tax law states that is when the car is placed in service, not when the contract is made. We have made a legal contract to purchase the car, but the car is not ours until we drive it off the lot. For example, if a tree fell on the car right now, it would be the dealer, not us that is responsible since we have yet to take delivery. I already purchased another hybrid this year, so I really hope that you are wrong. Thanks again!
Brian;

I will try to say this in simple terms: If you have not received your copy of the Contract that I think you said Your Wife signed then You and Her (Have-Not) Legally Purchased anything.

If she or you signed the (Final-Paperwork/Contract) that the Dealer Runs through the Computer that You and Her would have signed on the (Bottom) and the dealer gave you Your Copies then you just (Legally) Purchased the HCH ll as long as it was not Damaged in Transit.

So; either you all have copies of this Final Contract/Purchase or you (Don'T), If you don't have any copies then you have not Legally Purchased anything. You just signed up to order a HCH ll From the Dealer and agreed on a Selling Price when the HCH ll Arrives.

It sounds like the Dealer is just locking in the sell to me. I was not there and therefore I do-not know what was signed by Her or You.

Does This Help?

Terry

BTW; Post 14 was information from the people at my dealership that process all (SOLD) vehicles. This was not My-Opinion.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:29 PM
Enthusiast

I have my wife's copy of the contract, and yes, she did sign it and all the information, including price and vin number is typed out from the computer, but I have not signed, and will not until we pick up the car on the 1st. I do not know if they would be willing to cancel this sale contract and do another at that point, but it will be worth asking.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:38 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

I have my wife's copy of the contract, and yes, she did sign it and all the information, including price and vin number is typed out from the computer, but I have not signed, and will not until we pick up the car on the 1st. I do not know if they would be willing to cancel this sale contract and do another at that point, but it will be worth asking.
I would be less than (Honest-With-You) if I did not tell you this. It sounds like to me that believe it or not you have (Purchased) that HCH ll if it comes in and is not Damaged in Transit.

I would if I were you take that paperwork/contract straight (Saturday-Morning) when they open and get it (cancelled). I would say though that they have turned that unit in as a (SOLD) car since they had the Vin # to put on the Contract.

I wish you the "Best-Of-Luck" on this.

Terry

Meaning; if that Contract has a (Sold-Date) of Dec. 2005 then that vehicle was purchased Legally in 2005 (NOT-2006). Does this make since? You may take delivery in Jan. 2006 but you Purchased it in Dec. 2005. I think Nasa which is the next Post under this could be right. Your wife has signed a (Buyers-Order) and placed a Deposit on the HCH ll, Not the Real-Final-Contract: Hopefully

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 12-23-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

When I put down the deposit for mine, I signed a contract with price and VIN on it, but when the car came in a couple of weeks later they drew up a totally new contract and tore up the old one. The old one just had the sales price of the car (MSRP & destination) but was not 'totalled out' with sales tax, etc. I also decided to get the extended warranty when I took delivery, so that wasn't on the old contract either. In my case at least, the old contract was just to show that I was serious. Hopefully they will do the same for you.

IMHO, you haven't actually finalized the deal until you pay for the car (either in total or completed financing), not just signed a deposit contract.

Last edited by NASAgineer; 12-23-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Enthusiast

I agree, I think we will be fine. The only contract we have is a truth in lending contract. Nothing is signed by them, just my wife, and they have already said I need to sign to make it complete. I think when we go in they will change the contract since we are having some addons done at the dealership, so the price will change, unless they try to charge us seperately (leather steering wheel cover and auto dim mirror). Also, I think I will just pay for the car outright so I think the old contract will be void or at least need some updating. I will contact them tomorrow morning (they are about 90 miles away, so hopefully they will handle this over the phone). I'll let you know what happens. Thanks! Brian

Last edited by love2scuba; 12-23-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:25 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

I agree, I think we will be fine. The only contract we have is a truth in lending contract. Nothing is signed by them, just my wife, and they have already said I need to sign to make it complete. I think when we go in they will change the contract since we are having some addons done at the dealership, so the price will change, unless they try to charge us seperately (leather steering wheel cover and auto dim mirror). Also, I think I will just pay for the car outright so I think the old contract will be void or at least need some updating. I will contact them tomorrow morning (they are about 90 miles away, so hopefully they will handle this over the phone). I'll let you know what happens. Thanks! Brian
Brian; for the most part (Most) Dealers are not going to do something really Stupid these days because way to many People just waiting to have the opportunity to (Sue) someone and a Dealer would be 1st pick.

Sounds good and Besides we want to be Happy-Owners when we get New-Toys, Right?

Keep us in the Loop:

Terry

Old 12-23-2005, 11:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Brian, don't worry. Even if you signed a binding contract to buy the car, the transaction is not complete until - 1. you have paid for it (or financed it), and 2. you have the keys in your hand.

Another thing. If you claim a credit and the IRS ever audits you, you can show them the official registration with a 2006 date. They'll have to accept that as sufficient documentation, and they will have no reason to doubt you unless you go out of your way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Old 12-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am - Mag Pearl with Navi. Should be here in about 2 weeks! :-)

Old 12-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Enthusiast

I’ll be buying in January. My hope is a magnetic pearl with nav. I'm a little odd here, in that I won't be waiting for '06 for delivery attempting to get a better rebate, rather I won't have the cash saved up until then .

cheers,

Erik

Old 12-24-2005, 08:48 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by zamafir
I’ll be buying in January. My hope is a magnetic pearl with nav. I'm a little odd here, in that I won't be waiting for '06 for delivery attempting to get a better rebate, rather I won't have the cash saved up until then .

cheers,

Erik
Hi Eric; I just noticed something, you said (Cheers) on your closing. I bet you are from "Canada" right?

Hey nothing wrong with saving money for the New Ride, I am doing the same thing myself.

Once again nice to have you on Board.

Regards;

Terry

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands