How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Proud owner HCHII
Default Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

As I Understand it, all HCH II's are made in Suzuka, Japan( www.evworld.com ). Which port are they landed at, presumably West Coast? Where does Honda have their holding and first inspection area? How do they reach the dealer, rail or road? How long from import landing to showroom?

Old 12-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tulip
As I Understand it, all HCH II's are made in Suzuka, Japan( www.evworld.com ). Which port are they landed at, presumably West Coast? Where does Honda have their holding and first inspection area? How do they reach the dealer, rail or road? How long from import landing to showroom?
Don't know the answers. I do know, from various dealers, that the time from manufacture at the plant in Japan to the dealer showroom is 3-4 weeks. Everything else, it seems, hardly matters.

Old 12-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Enthusiast

I can be counted as now waiting. Maybe until March - depending on deal making of local dealers. But I still would like to know the source and reliability of the credit for 2006. I know it's been a tax deduction which was scheduled to be reduced to $500 in 2006. Who has said what , pertaining to this becoming a credit 2006.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by RX8Daniel
I can be counted as now waiting. Maybe until March - depending on deal making of local dealers. But I still would like to know the source and reliability of the credit for 2006. I know it's been a tax deduction which was scheduled to be reduced to $500 in 2006. Who has said what , pertaining to this becoming a credit 2006.
The tax credit for hybrids was in the energy bill signed in August.
http://www.hybridcars.com/tax-deductions-credits.html

Old 12-23-2005, 05:39 AM
PCK
Active Enthusiast

I should be receiving my HCH somewhere between Jan 4-8. Not sure if I will qualify
for the tax credit since I had to go to contract at time of order in Nov. to qualify
for zero percent interest loan. Will have to let the accountant work that out.

2006 HCH Opal Silver Blue Metallic w/NAV

Perry

Old 12-23-2005, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by PCK
I should be receiving my HCH somewhere between Jan 4-8. Not sure if I will qualify
for the tax credit since I had to go to contract at time of order in Nov. to qualify
for zero percent interest loan. Will have to let the accountant work that out.

2006 HCH Opal Silver Blue Metallic w/NAV

Perry
Just remind your accountant that the law gives the credit for vehicles "put in service" in 2006.

Old 12-23-2005, 03:30 PM
PCK
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElanC
Just remind your accountant that the law gives the credit for vehicles "put in service" in 2006.
Thanks, I thought that is what I read but I wasn't 100% sure.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

Our car just came in (alabaster silver w/nav) and the dealer is holding it for us to pick up on Jan 1st. I just came across this website and now I'm starting to doubt if it still qualifies for the 2006 tax break. My wife went to the dealer on 12/2 to order the car and because of already getting burned on a bait and switch without a contract, they drew one up (complete with VIN number) and she signed it. Although, I have not signed anything and they need me to sign for her to qualify for the financing. I thought "Placed in Service" ment when we drove the car off the lot, not when we locked in the price on the contract. To the best of my knowledge there has been no DMV paperwork started and the stock number on the contract states "pending". She put down $1k which they cashed.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 12-23-2005, 06:38 PM
G.H. Contributor
Arrow Re: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Originally Posted by love2scuba
Our car just came in (alabaster silver w/nav) and the dealer is holding it for us to pick up on Jan 1st. I just came across this website and now I'm starting to doubt if it still qualifies for the 2006 tax break. My wife went to the dealer on 12/2 to order the car and because of already getting burned on a bait and switch without a contract, they drew one up (complete with VIN number) and she signed it. Although, I have not signed anything and they need me to sign for her to qualify for the financing. I thought "Placed in Service" ment when we drove the car off the lot, not when we locked in the price on the contract. To the best of my knowledge there has been no DMV paperwork started and the stock number on the contract states "pending". She put down $1k which they cashed.Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi Brian;

Read: "Post 14" On this Thread by Me (Tigerhonaker). I think that should answer your Question I hope.

HTH

Terry

Old 12-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast

Terry,
Thanks for the quick reply, but it was post #14 that got me confused. Everyone else that I have talked to, including the dealer, that the tax law states that is when the car is placed in service, not when the contract is made. We have made a legal contract to purchase the car, but the car is not ours until we drive it off the lot. For example, if a tree fell on the car right now, it would be the dealer, not us that is responsible since we have yet to take delivery. I already purchased another hybrid this year, so I really hope that you are wrong. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: How Many People Are Waiting Until Jan. 2006 To Take Delivery?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands