Gas display

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 08:07 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Gas display

13.2 gallons in standard ULEV form, never heard of the 16, wow. I've had a pump read almost 15 gallons once in mine. That's where I called the gas station out on their calibration, I didn't make a federal case of it though.

I've had my light come on at 3 bars too. The worst feeleing though is the fluctuation of the bars for the last few miles on a tank. I've read no bars then suddenly it goes back to none again, then reverses again. Scary.

BTW, I just finally did my recall on my '03 too. Nothing new to report yet.

Originally Posted by wwjdrv
somwhere someone said that the hch tank is 16gal. I would not be surprised, I think a lot of cars are engineered this way, it is kind of like a reserve tank. my parents minivan says it has an 18.1 gal tank, but I once filled it with 21.8 gallons (no top off neck fill crap either).

I have had the light come on, my largest fill is 12.6 gallons in my 05 HCH. That time, I probably drove on "no bars" for 50 miles or so.

Last edited by rigger; 11-23-2005 at 08:09 PM. Reason: typo - duh!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Dual-Hybrid First Adopter
Default Re: Gas display

Originally Posted by wwjdrv
I agree with KL, Mine has come on with up to three bars left...computers.
I wonder if the calculation/warning happens based on how many "miles" you have left in the tank.

The onboard computer on my BMW can be set to display "how many miles you have left to drive on the gas in the tank" and without much variance, the warning light comes on at 55 miles.