Galaxy Gray or Magnetic Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Galaxy Gray or Magnetic Pearl?

i like mine. but color does not make any difference anyway. this car is different an does make a difference.... I dont give a dime what color it is....

Old 04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Energy Independence

I'm waiting to get a Magnetic Pearl. My wife and I both liked it the best. We test-drove a Silver with blue interior (a very nice 2nd place for us), and browsed the Magnetic Pearl - and were convinced of the Magnetic Pearl.
The Galaxy Gray looks OK, but I really did not want the ivory interior.

They really are two different looks. The Galaxy Gray and ivory interior is sort of a mild hybrid , wheras the Silver or Mag Pearl, with blue interior is more an in-your-face hybrid. The blue interior certainly stands out more, but it is not too loud or wild. This was my worry before seeing one in person. If you like the blue combo interior, I'd not hesitate with either the Silver or the Mag Pearl.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have seen both combinations in person - the Magnetic Pearl and the Galaxy Grey. I was torn because I liked the exterior color Magnetic Pearl better but prefered the tan (Ivory) interior. I decided on the Galaxy Grey to get the Ivory interior as you can't see the exterior color when you are in the car - I drive 160 miles/day so I'm in my car about 3 - 3.5 hours/day.

I do agree that the blue/ivory/black combination looks better in person than in the brochure but I did not like the blue for the interior. Plus I was concerned about how hot the interior could get - I think mythbusters did something about light interior vs. dark interiors but maybe that was a black car vs. white car.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I just got mine Friday and I love the color. But, hate the water spots on it after it rains. I took it into the dealer to get an interior panel fixed since it wasn't flush and they already scratched the inside door handle. I have to take it in...hopefully they can just buff it out. I would hate having them paint the whole door and it wouldn't match.

The one thing I was worried about was the swirl marks on a dark color. But, a dark interior is a must for me since it snows here wiht the salt and such.

Last edited by exbauer; 05-02-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Somewhere in the thread someone asked that I come back and post which I chose.

Because of availability, I went with the galaxy grey. It was easier to find cars in that color to look at in real life and generally I liked how they looked. The one Magnetic Pearl car I was able to see was in the shop so it was not easy to get a grasp of what it would look like in sunlight.

While I would prefer the darker interior, the galaxy color is about as good so I can live with it.

In a couple weeks I should have it.

Old 05-02-2006, 12:44 PM
YA RLY.

Which one of those colors gets you the blue interior? Get that one

Old 05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xoham
... The one Magnetic Pearl car I was able to see was in the shop so it was not easy to get a grasp of what it would look like in sunlight...
The Mag Pearl is a bit of a strange color. By that I mean that it looks gray in some lights, purplish in others, and blue in still others. One night I was in a parking lot that had high pressure sodium lights, and I swear it looked green - very green!

Anyway, congratulations on the new car!

Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

make certain you see the galaxy gray in person if you can - it is more of a brown color rather than the metallic gray you see on other cars. Mag blue is quite dark - it looks good under inside light but on the road it makes the car look small - can't go wrong with silver, i would put the light blue and then the mag pearl behind that as my favorites. I haven't seen any of the other colors on the road.

Old 05-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Aneil Mishra, Ph.D.

I would have preferred to get a blue interior, but I liked the Opal Silver Blue on the lot (the only one available) and I'll just have to keep the interior clean. My first Civic, an '89 LX had a blue interior and it still looked great 9 years and 110,000 miles later. (Had to sell it because of the rust, it was a Michigan-mobile.)

I say go with the blue interior, but you'll be happy no matter what you end up buying!

Old 05-02-2006, 07:55 PM
Enthusiast

we opted for the galaxy grey over the magnetic pearl (which we both liked best out of all the colors available... why no black?!) based solely on the interior colors available with each. it seems like everyone likes the blue interior, which we thought was HIDEOUS! does anyone else think it looks like the inside of a Delta airplane?

-dael.

Quick Reply: Galaxy Gray or Magnetic Pearl?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands