Galaxy Gray or Magnetic Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Galaxy Gray or Magnetic Pearl?

Which color do you guys think looks best? The Magnetic Pearl looks very cool in the brochure, however, those photos make everything look good. Otherwise I like the galaxy gray as it looks sort of bronze-ish.

Opinions? Photos?

Old 04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Galaxy Gray or Magnetic Pearl?

I liked the look of the Magnetic Pearl in the brochure, but have never seen one in public. I was concerned that it might be too dark.

I ended up with Galaxy Gray, which is really a brownish gray. The color has really grown on me, but I'm concerned that the beige interior is going to wear poorly. (Time to Scotch-Gard it!)

Old 04-24-2006, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

I love the Magnetic Pearl. Looks bluish-dark gray in the sunlight, blackish-gray in evening and overcast. Any color would be fine with me- its a wonderful car!

Old 04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Rarely post anything

Well, of the people I personally know that have seen the Gray(the GalGray is available on the other Civic trim lines as well), most everyone seems to like or love the Gray. I don't, however - it just looks like 'muddy gray' to me. That, plus the fact you're getting an ivory interior in the GalGray, led me to choose the MagPearl, with its blue upholstery / carpet (save for the cloth on the doors). My last Honda had Ivory interior, and I swore I'd not make that mistake with this car - it requires constant attention to keep clean, especially in seasonal climates.

The MP looks like a 'steel blue' or 'gunmetal' to me. As dark as it looks in the pictures - it's darker in person. However, in sunlight, it brightens up a bit, and you can see the metallic finish when you get closer (it's a metallic, not a pearl, ironically). Since I wanted the blue interior, it was between MP and Alabaster Silver - and the silver looked too washed out for me, compared to the 'Satin Silver Metallic' that my '01 Accord had. Not to mention that I think silver is a bit played out in cars (yes, it's popular, but it's been around forever and a day).

MP (along with the Opal Silver Blue) is also exclusive to the Hybrid, if that's important to you at all. Exclusivity can mean problems with paint matching, if you ever need to have the car repaired - that's something to consider, as well. Right now, I can't even find a touch up pen in the color - only the brush-on stuff, through the dealer - and that's a mess to apply.

Unless you put a clear or conventional bra on your car, expect the paint to chip on the front end, as you put miles on the car - Late model Hondas are notorious for this. The MP is so dark, that if you get a chip, you'll likely not notice it, because it's so close to the primer color. GalGray would mask this to a lesser amount, and the other colors will show chips like no one's business.

One last thing about the Galaxy Gray - the exterior will probably hide dirt better than any of the other 4 hybrid colors. If you live in dusty areas or don't wash your car often - this might appeal to you.

I don't have pics of my car online, but there are others who do in the 'Share' section. However, it's the same thing as a brochure. You really have to see the car in person to decide for yourself, if the color is the most important decision (the way the cars are optioned out, color preference and Navi are all you have to worry about This is harder with the MagPearl and the Opal Silver Blue, since those are 'hybrid only' colors, and they don't sit on the lots long (14 day avg dealer supply on the '06 Civic Hybrid; 45 days is 'normal')

Good luck in making your choice - let us know what you decide, and why, once you make your decision!

Last edited by GreenAndBlue; 04-24-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

There are some photos in the "Share" section (mostly of the silver, though)... but you might find some shots elsewhere on the internet. Try google image or eBay.

I ordered the silver exterior / blue interior combination, sight unseen, so I know what you're going through.

I saw the photos of the blue interior, with the ivory accents and black dash. Thought it was a real hodgepodge of colors and wondered if it was going to be acceptable. Photos can't really do it justice! Turns out it was a pleasant surprise. The colors complement each other, and (maybe it's just my eyes) it appears the black has some blue tints to it. I thought the "Ivory" was going to be beige... but it really looks more gray (which goes fine with blue and black).

I can tell you the dark interior is the way to go, at least for me. The amount of dirt the light interior would show would have me shampooing every month!

Old 04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Hyper Hybrid Dude

I have had many positive comments regarding the color of my car. I like the Pearl a lot, and have typically bought white cars in the past. It does show the dirt, but not as bad as a black car would. The interior colors are very nice and I find them very appealing. My wife likes the colors also.

I would not hesitate on getting this color(s) again.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:50 PM

I've seen them both in person. And simply, I OWN a Magnetic Pearl. I wouldn't have it any other way....

Old 04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I've never had a silver car but I think it's the only color I will get from now on. It shows very little dirt and the bonus on the Civic is it comes with the blue interior. We also have the '05 Galaxy Grey model and I like that color too. I was going to get that so they would match but then they would match.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

Since I got over making shiny shiny hotrods 20 years ago I always try to get cars with a 'Road Grime Grey' exterior and 'Coffee Spill Brown' interior.

They always end up that color anyhow, might as well buy it that way...

Old 04-24-2006, 09:19 PM

My opinion is that the Magnetic Pearl is the best color for the Hybrids this year. But lets face it, the Galaxy Grey is conservative and the Mag Pearl is Happenin. Two different personalities of exterior colors. I prefer the beige interior and dark seats are too hot for me here in Houston, but with Wet Okule seat options, you can change the color for 235 per seat to anything you want.

I personally have that Opal Blue and like it quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Galaxy Gray or Magnetic Pearl?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands