Civic Hybrid IMA failure - Bad Power Inverter

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 11:53 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Civic Hybrid IMA failure - Bad Power Inverter

Now they said they checked everything including the wiring and loose connections but they only came up with a bad circuit board that controls all them components. They said it would cost me between $1200-$1400 and that it could be fixed tomorrow. Sounded a lot better than $3500 so I decided to do it... What if what they're saying is wrong isn't what's wrong and they don't end up fixing my vehicle? They're liable for the $1200-$1400 that I paid correct???

Old 12-18-2019, 01:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chesten Conn
Now they said they checked everything including the wiring and loose connections but they only came up with a bad circuit board that controls all them components. They said it would cost me between $1200-$1400 and that it could be fixed tomorrow. Sounded a lot better than $3500 so I decided to do it... What if what they're saying is wrong isn't what's wrong and they don't end up fixing my vehicle? They're liable for the $1200-$1400 that I paid correct???
That would be a first. They're just going to say that once they fixed that part, they were able to discover another failure. Your codes are identical to the other poster, and his fix was a new inverter. They're probably going to come back to you saying you ALSO need a new inverter in addition to what you've already paid. That should put you at about $5K for the repairs.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:21 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
That would be a first. They're just going to say that once they fixed that part, they were able to discover another failure. Your codes are identical to the other poster, and his fix was a new inverter. They're probably going to come back to you saying you ALSO need a new inverter in addition to what you've already paid. That should put you at about $5K for the repairs.
I called them back and told them I wanted to make sure they don't do anything until they make sure the power inverter has been checked before doing anything else. What else do you recommend me to do??

Old 12-20-2019, 01:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

good you fixed it

they will never make the part available due to liability issues of opening the pack or inverter

plus they make more money with you replacing the whole thing

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 12-20-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 06:19 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
good you fixed it

they will never make the part available due to liability issues of opening the pack or inverter

plus they make more money with you replacing the whole thing
Thanks bro. Great follow up to a post over two months old. Thanks for providing so much value to the forum.

Old 01-14-2020, 02:12 PM
Enthusiast

How do I get that circuit board off. My wont budge. Took out all the screws on top.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by William Gaige
How do I get that circuit board off. My wont budge. Took out all the screws on top.
you have to de solder the legs of those IGBTS then carefully lift off and inspect.
same issue here, 97 k miles and inverter is fried

Old 01-27-2020, 08:08 PM
Enthusiast

I think I might have found where to purchase these @ $ 300.00 a pop. ! Here is the link and my apologies to the Board if I broke any rules just trying to be somewhat helpful. Cheers

https://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory...es-597114#menu

Old 03-09-2020, 04:00 PM

How do you fix it or where you you find the new IGBT I got the same exact problem
Originally Posted by jkichline2001
Found the problem! I finally decided to take it apart and look further... it’s a blown IGBT

In other news, I was able to find a salvaged part (1B200-RW0-000) from Rochester NY for $325 from a car with 19k miles. i probably made about 20 calls until I finally found someone who had one. I hope to have that tomorrow. In the mean time I will search for replacement IGBTs. Then, with any luck, I’ll have a spare

update... here’s better pics of blown IGBT. Looked for a couple hours trying to find replacement part but it appears to be a custom Honda part. I think Mitsubishi makes the original part similar to PN CT600DJH060 but I can’t figure out how to buy new ones...

There is a publication here with a lot of info. Towards the end of the publication, they mention the J-Series which looks a lot like the part from the inverter.
https://www.mitsubishielectric.com/e...3_complete.pdf

Old 03-09-2020, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast

You try to contact Honda north america and pray they take care of you like they did with me,I put it all back together hell even resoldered the ciruit board back together and took it to the local Honda shop who covered it 100 percent ! No out of pocket. Why you ask? Well thankfully the state I purchased the vehicle in (Oregon) back in 2013 has an emmisions law that extends Hybrid car battery waranties to 7 years or 100k miles which ever comes first so check your state emission laws for possible coverage before attempting a DIY. Lesson learned here but thankfully not an expensive one.
Cheer .

Quick Reply: Civic Hybrid IMA failure - Bad Power Inverter

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands