CA carpool stickers almost out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 12:16 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: CA carpool stickers almost out!

I got my application returned 2 times! The first time they said my info. was not in the DMV computer(Vin#) But when I call the telephone number they gave, they said they could not understand why it was returned.(all info in computer, Vin# and License plate) DMV said to send it back! Got it back a second time, this time say 'Wait till I got my license plate in before apply'n...Send it back a week ago.
Lets see what happens.
PPD

Old 08-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Enthusiast

I plotted from another thread the hov sticker numbers vs. time:
http://starengine.com/ca_hov_nos.png

Old 08-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Enthusiast

i just recieved mines yesterday. i sent the application at the beginning of the month but was rejected because i did not have my plates at the time, so i reapplyed with my plate numbers. its a waste of time if you do not yet have your plates issued.

Old 08-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Djrockz415
i just recieved mines yesterday. i sent the application at the beginning of the month but was rejected because i did not have my plates at the time, so i reapplyed with my plate numbers. its a waste of time if you do not yet have your plates issued.
so, what number did you get?

Old 08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'm glad you confirmed that because I have seen similar things.
Also, what is to stop someone from just putting them on a standard Civic?

Originally Posted by Eskrimast1
I've seen at least two sets of those stickers improperly placed on a Highlander Hybrid and a Toyota Matrix during my commute. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get their license plate numbers.

Old 08-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Wannabe Hypermiler

Originally Posted by blueskies
I'm glad you confirmed that because I have seen similar things.
Also, what is to stop someone from just putting them on a standard Civic?
If a conventional Civic owner somehow fabricated stickers on their 6th or 7th Generation Civic, it would be difficult to stop them from using the carpool lane. In fact, I'm sure that's already happening somewhere and I just haven't encountered it. There are only subtle cues to differentiate a HCH from a Civic and law enforcement personnel probably have better things to do than pay attention to badges, rims, and spoilers just to verify whether a Civic is a hybrid or not. They would have to pull the car over to actually find out if the sticker is legit or not so the chances of poser hybrids getting caught are likely slim.

More blatant violations, like that Matrix for instance, are disturbing. I also saw a non-CNG taxi have spray-painted "silver" carpool lane sticker shapes where legitimate clean air stickers should be for CNG taxis.

This behavior just increases the likelihood that hybrid carpool lane privileges are revoked earlier than 2008.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast

Just received #69,5XX today. I sent my app in 5 weeks ago and it was returned to me two weeks later for the plate number. You need to have the actual license plate number otherwise they will not process the app.The DMV has provided the exact locations of the stickers with an enclosed diagram. It never ceases to amaze me how many cars have the stickers improperly placed and/or inadequate stickers placed. I've seen cars with only two stickers on them (usually passenger rear bumper corner and rear side panel.) I guess people really can't read and comprehend these days.