Brand new civic hybrid and cruise

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:31 AM
HypoFueler
Default Re: Brand new civic hybrid and cruise

cc or not to cc....
I tend to use cc on my commute. It seems to give me good FE on flats. On uphills I kick the target speed down as needed to keep rpms below 2k. On downhills it seems to cancel regen pretty well.

Other factors, like your ave speed, accel/braking, route and weather seem to be more important.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:50 AM
iEnthusiast

Wow thanks to everyone who has replied. I cannot wait to get to know more about my new car and how to make it very fuel efficient. I am one of those people who will obsess over something like that.

I read over that article on the cleanmpg site and was jsut floored with how much precision can go into drivikng this car and am very excited to start trying to maximize my drivking skills with it. I honestly have not seen a "cooler" or better new car out there for my needs right now. Being in college really makes me appriciate how much $$$ goes into my tank.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better!

Old 05-01-2008, 06:23 AM
iEnthusiast

Alright one more thing... I am going to hit 600 miles when I am driving down to madison tonight. Will I be able to safely turn on the cruise right when I hit 600 miles, or should I wait until tomorrow (650-700 miles and let it sit overnight) just to be safe?

Thanks, I just dont want to screw this up!

Old 05-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I wouldn't worry about it. Like others have said, with the CVT, your engine RPMs will alter quite a bit, even though your speed won't unless you are driving on a completely flat road. I remember the area around Madison to be pretty hilly. If it seems like you are spending a lot of time at one RPM speed, then maybe slow down or speed up for a little while.