AUX in 2006 HCH

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default AUX in 2006 HCH

Hey!
I just got my 2006 HCH with navigation about two weeks ago. I haven't tried to use my ipod until today. This is going to sound so stupid, but I plugged it in, and i looked in audio, and I cannot seem to find how to change it to the AUX! Also, I accidently clicked on the XM, and it works. I don't have a subscription, so is it working because of the previous owner? And does that mean that the previous owner paying for it? Im loving driving my car, and if yall have any tips, that'd be great! Thanks!

Old 01-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: AUX in 2006 HCH

Yes, the XM is probably working off the last guys subscription. I think XM particilarly operates with a PIN code. That way it is accessable though the car, home or iPhone. But only in one place at a time. The previous owner might never even know you are using it if he doesn't try to use his XM at the same time you are using it. But it's not ethically right to use it if he is footing the bill. You may want to look into getting your own subscription.
As to the AUX question. I own a 2007, so it might be different. I'll be trying to connect my iPhone shortly and will posty results. There isn't a button or **** marked AUX on the stereo? Otherwise, try looking for Input Source, or Mode.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: AUX in 2006 HCH

It seems that you have to use this bizarre method shown in this video to get to AUX in the '06 nav system; check it out (note that the link will take you to the point in the video where going into aux mode is demonstrated): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbtyV--fzwE#t=85 EDIT: This video shows a car with some type of audio input accessory installed that may have modified the navigation screens...so it may not be accurate for a standard '06 with nav. What about that "CDC" tab on the top right of the audio screen?

On the '09 nav audio screen, there is a dedicated source tab on the far right for AUX and USB.

Last edited by morgante; 01-31-2010 at 11:04 PM.