Aura Xe 4cly or HCH?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Aura Xe 4cly or HCH?

If you buying 4 cylinder aura you have no problem ecotech is OK but if you buying a hybrid you have to read all post in the site about aura hybrid....just a suggestion.Good luck .. one more consider the resale value. i just saw a 2007 aura selling around 13000 in ebay.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

You have to drive my saturn ion bout of them smell when i turn on my AC

Old 11-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yeah, my old Acura CL had that problem. Until one day I got in the car an noticed all my papers were wet looking. The condenser over flowed and leaked all over the carpetting....

Acura was good about it though, it was a clogged escape plug. They ended up tearing out the interior and replacing it with new. Pretty funny though...

My TL just had musty moldy smell just in the summer months... Not a big deal since I would need to bring it in every 3000 miles for oil changes, they just spray cleaner / Lysol into the Cowl.

My parents only buy GM, mostly Chevys, I can say that they have never had a problem with them that could not be fixed. They still have a 1987 Celebrity Euro Sport... and it runs great!

Problem with GM is they are just like Microsoft. Very Big, a lot of install base so the majority of problems seem to magnify...

Old 11-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

I'm surprised that I have not read a post that says THIS is how the tax credit works.

I'd buy the HCH if the tax credit was 100% in my example.

I'm buying a car by this friday and I'd really like the answer.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

Originally Posted by idareu
I'm surprised that I have not read a post that says THIS is how the tax credit works.

Idareu;

I am sure many folks here would like you to buy the Civic Hybrid - I would too. But more importantly, we would like you to buy it for ALL the right reasons: lowest pollution AT-PZEV Tier 2/Bin 2, higher fuel economy, higher Honda reliability, higher Honda resale value, possible tax credit, etc.

If you look at all the "right" reasons then the Aura is not a comparable car by any stretch of imagination. In fact, only the Prius should be in the comparison column because that is the only car worthy of comparison.

But, if the Aura still looks appealing to you then perhaps the HCH is not the car for you at all... not even with the tax credits.

In my opinion, buying a car like the HCH for a very small and narrow set of reasons (Tax credit or HOV access) is not an assurance of long term satisfaction with the car... unless of course, you enjoy spending money.

Whichever way you choose, I hope you make the choice that is right for you.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 11-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by idareu

THIS is how the tax credit works:

If you owe at least $2100 in taxes for 2007 and do not qualify for the AMT you can add $2100 to your return.

What's the problem?

Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 PM

The nitty gritty of the tax is this.

If you are withholding is greater than 2100 then you should get this full credit back. If you make like 10,000 a year, you might not be withholding enough to get the credit. Other things that might come into play are child care expenses if you have kids. After all credits are deducted, then the Hybird Credit is factored in. In a sense, this is not a rebate from the government.

My accountant is looking into this for me right now and will get back to me sometime next week to see what will happen in my case.

Unfortunately some dealerships, including the Walmart dealer I went to advertise this as forementioned, as a rebate type credit from the government.

Hopefully the credit will stop in 2009 and force the dealer to match closer to the non-hybrid version of the same car. (the "credit" gets you close to the price of a non-hybrid version).

Old 11-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info!!

Saddly I most say i went with the Aura XE.
The lease was so good. $1700 total down for a payment of $160.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:13 PM

You might not get a good congrats from others here, but from me... Way to go man.

I wish you enjoyment in your new Saturn. I have driven one before and I liked it very much. You also have a lot more room in that car then the Civic has.

Anyway, Congrats!!

Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well good luck with your Aura XE. If things don't work out, who knows, you can always trade it for an HCH

Quick Reply: Aura Xe 4cly or HCH?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands