Anyone tried vent visors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Question Anyone tried vent visors?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pe...006&partid=170

How much drag so they produce (FE hit)? Worth the price of admission? I assume they are meant to allow you to crack the windows when parked in the sun without having to worry about rain.

I've always thought that a nice option for any car would be a factory installed fan/solar panel combination that would be mounted in the car's air vents, with an outlet vent in the rear (that would close when the car is running). The brighter the sun the more air it would move. They make the cheap window mount units, but bleah!

Old 03-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone tried vent visors?

I have thought about getting these for my car but I would like the kind tha the Acura TL has which is a clip on type as the clips go under the rubber seal of the doors. My brother-in-law has those and they are nice. I had the in-channel kind on my I35 and in the wintertime the gravel that gets inside the window channel can actually scratch the windows.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:48 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone tried vent visors?

I have them on my truck, but with a diesel at 15mpg I am sure I'd never notice the FE difference. They are nice to have though, you can leave the windows cracked without worrying about rain or attracting thieves. They do significantly interfere with visibility by essentially making the A pillar wider, which is especially bad in my truck which has a large A pillar already. I find myself having to lean back and forth alot to peer around it. This is the reason I really wanted clear ones, but I couldn't find them anywhere - seems like that would be a safety advantage, but I guess that just wouldn't look cool enough or something.

Definnitely get the kind with the edge that tucks into the window frame. The stick-on ones don't seem to stay on unless they're put on at the factory. I had to order them from jcwhitney because all the auto parts places here have the stick-ons. The original factory ones did ok, but for aftermarket I just don't trust them to stay on.

Last edited by zimbop; 03-29-2006 at 05:52 AM.