62-mile Bug Fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 62-mile Bug Fix

Originally Posted by Renato

Elan,

How's the fix working for you?
It's just fine. No issues. Works as it should now.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by TerrierMom
Still worried about the lifetime odometer being cleared.
If they do the job right, it won't happen.

When you bring the car in they'll record your odometer on the work order, as they do for every job. If the odometer doesn't show the same number when you get the car back, tell them and they'll reset it for you.

If you've been recording lifetime MPG on one of your trip odometers you'll lose that. But it's no big loss because with the 62 mile bug the number is wrong anyway.

Old 05-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

I just got my notice today to get my odometer fixed from Honda. Too late, fixed it 2 weeks ago! Have to say that is the only thing wrong with it the first 5k miles.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by TerrierMom
My car has the bug. Received the letter from Honda this morning. My mother bought an Opal Silver Blue, in November, build date in October. First Hybrid the dealer got in. It has a VIN in the 1200's. Her car has the bug too. I'll be getting it fixed next week or the week after. Still worried about the lifetime odometer being cleared.
Don't worry.
They record your lifetime odometer reading before they do the work.
Then they set the new one to that number.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kenny
Don't worry.
They record your lifetime odometer reading before they do the work.
Then they set the new one to that number.
Agreed. But I think I'm still going to record it and put it on the repair order, just in case they screw it up. Of course it they accidentally recorded a couple of thousand miles less than the actual...

Old 05-10-2006, 10:20 PM
Enthusiast

Just had mine fixed today. It took less than an hour. I made sure the dealer had the part before I made an appointment for the repair. This is the only product update for 2006 HCH so far and has a bulletin number assigned, so there should be no confusion as to what needs to be done. Your dealer should be able to tell you if you need the update based on your VIN.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast

I just got the call from my dealer telling me that my HCHII won't be in until May 24th. I was just shipped and in transport somewhere in the US. What does that have to do with the 62 mile bug? Just Are they fixing this in production yet? Seems like mine was just off the production line when it was ordered a month ago.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ctrlfreak,
If you're just getting it now, you most likely will not have the bug. It sounds to me like the cars manufactured after around Dec-Jan timeframe (maybe a little later) were bug free. Apparently there were some manufactured earlier that did not have it, also. So you're likely home scott free. But if you notice that the trip mpg's start changing a lot just after 62-63 miles (100 km, actually), then you've got it. But Honda can fix it anyway, so not to worry. Enjoy the new car when you get it!

Old 06-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast
Angry Re: 62-mile Bug Fix

I had my gauge replaced today. For those that worried about the lifetime odometer being reset, you should be worried! My dealer reset the odometer to zero, and claimed there's nothing they can do about it. They told me to "pretend you have a new car again", and they had "one with 90k that reset to 40k, those gauges are just unpredictable".

I know it's a little thing, but I'm really pissed off.