06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:43 PM
04 prius 350,000km
Default Re: 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

huh im confused, all i'm saying is STOP RACING TO THE RED LIGHT FOOLS and back off my bumper! There's the left lane for a reason, but don't pass me and give me a dirty look just because your wallet is skinnier than mine when it comes to filling up at the pump.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:54 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I was in Auto Stop mode at a red light and the car in front of me moved up one car length. I continued to stay in my spot int auto stop while the light was still red. The guy behind me decided he was going to keep honking his horn so I would move up the whole ten feet. Another minute passed by still stoped at the light and I remained in the same place and the other kept honking. Some people are just so impatient to go know where.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

You should get the license plate cover from this site.
Mine says "GreenHybrid.com ... Eat my sparks"
Love it.

As for kavetching about stupid drivers.. There's nothing we can do about it. People are rude and inconsiderate today. The world no longer has integrity.

My advice.. get a massage then get some great classic music that will put you at peace.

Originally Posted by philmcneal
huh im confused, all i'm saying is STOP RACING TO THE RED LIGHT FOOLS and back off my bumper! There's the left lane for a reason, but don't pass me and give me a dirty look just because your wallet is skinnier than mine when it comes to filling up at the pump.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xcel
Hi ElanC:

___As I said earlier, I don’t mind at how you would accelerate as I can pass or hang in behind. I replied because you may be causing a similar situation to those around you with that slow an acceleration at every light or sign due to your automobiles capabilities? Sorry if I misinterpreted your reply to Philmcneal but it appeared as if you were lambasting him for hypermiling and possibly holding back those driving around him when you are possibly doing the same?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
Wayne, did you even read what I wrote?
The RAV4-EV does not have slow acceleration. I have never slowed downthe drivers behind me due to its (supposedly deficient) capabilities. My impression is that in city driving is accelerates (from 0 to 25) better than most cars.
And I'm not lambasting anyone. I'm pointing out that it's possible for someone who is driving slower than the flow of traffic to cause others to lose FE at the expense of his improved FE. If your goal is to save the planet, that would not be a desireable outcome.

Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Originally Posted by ElanC
Wayne, did you even read what I wrote?
The RAV4-EV does not have slow acceleration. I have never slowed downthe drivers behind me due to its (supposedly deficient) capabilities. My impression is that in city driving is accelerates (from 0 to 25) better than most cars.
And I'm not lambasting anyone. I'm pointing out that it's possible for someone who is driving slower than the flow of traffic to cause others to lose FE at the expense of his improved FE. If your goal is to save the planet, that would not be a desireable outcome.
Hi Elan; well this is not probably going to change anything but I for one understand exactly what you are saying and I for one (IMO) agree with you. One person saving gas and in the mean time causing other people to in effect having to speed up and pass that person to get around them or whatever is (Wasting) alot more (FUEL) than is being saved by the person choosing to drive their style.

Terry

BTW: Is it not really interesting how sometimes the (Which-Ever-Ones) and truthfully who cares, that claim to want to save-save-save on fuel, in some respects cause alot more waste because they in effect are lots of times holding up the normal flow of traffic? Hey; before everyone starts (Yelling) at me on here it is just a thought not to be confused as a (Hit) on driving sensible for increased FE. So settle back down and don't get on your (Soap-Boxes).