06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Near White Marsh. I actually went into the city to buy mine at Anderson Honda. I recieved great service and an $800 discount on a car that isn't getting a discount. The only thing I didn't like was they keep trying to get me to buy extra stuff that I wanted but not from them. Its 18 F here tonight and suppost to get even colder. Most mornings when I get up for work its about 20F out.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Enthusiastically Active

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
Hi. This is my first post on Green Hybrid, I have been reading for a few months but never contributed. I have about 1,600 miles on my 06' HCH. Today I was able to stay in continous EV mode (no fuel consumption) for two miles. This was on my way to work on a stretch of fairly flat road. As I held the throttle position the assist bars would contiune to chagne from 1-4 back and forth as the car rolled down the road and up and down I few slight highs or changes in road elevation. Normally The car switches on the ICE going over these parts but it maintained EV the whole way without having to re-engage EV mode. I may have even gone farther on EV mode if I was continuing on that road and didn't have to turn into work. On the way home, I was albe to do this again and maintain it the two until I reach the interstate. I am also now able to use EV mode occasionally at highway speeds more so than I have been before. I guess this has just been through pratice, but it leads me to believe that there is a lot more potential with the new IMA then I previouly thought.
What was your average speed over these two miles?

Old 12-14-2005, 04:55 AM
Active Enthusiast

Hey,
Welcome and good job. Post some of your pics in our Hybrid Gallery here for everyone to see. I've seen them before on Vtec.

Old 12-14-2005, 06:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

I can get EV glides in town with no problem. I'm starting to get the vibe for my car.. Midway between two traffic signals, I will switch over to an EV glide. I have not successfully maintained an EV glide on the freeway at 65 mph. I'm scared to go below 65 here in Southern California where the average speed is about 75-85 (even though the speed limit is 65).
I've found the perfect speed for an EV glide is 45 mph.

Have you noticed your IMA battery indicator is always in the middle now that you are utilizing EV more often?

Old 12-14-2005, 03:59 PM

thats true. just find your minimum speed that people will pass you without honking, flashing, complaining. in socal, they are less patient , so 65 mph makes sense

people around my area in northern cali can still stand 55 mph not 45 mph though..

Old 12-14-2005, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
people around my area in northern cali can still stand 55 mph not 45 mph though..
I assume you mean 280, where there are 4 or 5 lanes for people to pass you on. I've found that on 85 and 101, that lower limit is more like 60, and even that pisses some people off. Some people don't get mad, but they look at me like they're wondering, "what's the matter with him? Does he perhaps have some slow-motion sickness?"

Old 12-14-2005, 04:10 PM

Yes, perhaps 280 is the "scenic route" so people must just think I'm gazing at the scenery or something.

I should put a bumper sticker on my car saying:

"I'm looking at the scenery, so please pass me "

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll agree with you, 101 and 85 are fairly linear highways that don't allow for much patience in people trying to get from point A to B.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by bluecivichybrid
Yes, perhaps 280 is the "scenic route" so people must just think I'm gazing at the scenery or something.

I should put a bumper sticker on my car saying:

"I'm looking at the scenery, so please pass me "
I used to live very close to the intersection of 280 and 92, and my daily commute was down to Cupertino. I miss that commute, and I'm sure my HCH would LOVE it. Lots of long, steady downslopes to glide on.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NASAgineer
I assume you mean 280, where there are 4 or 5 lanes for people to pass you on. I've found that on 85 and 101, that lower limit is more like 60, and even that pisses some people off. Some people don't get mad, but they look at me like they're wondering, "what's the matter with him? Does he perhaps have some slow-motion sickness?"
I think the problem with going more than 10 MPH slower than the traffic flow isn't only that people get pissed off. When you do it in heavy traffic you're creating a little traffic jam behind you. You're causing a lot of people to hit their brakes, change lanes, accelerate back again. Basically, your improved FE is coming at the expense of lost FE for many other people.

Last edited by ElanC; 12-14-2005 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:54 PM
G.H. Contributor
Lightbulb Re: 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Originally Posted by ElanC
I think the problem with going more than 10 MPH slower than the traffic flow isn't only that people get pissed off. When you do it in heavy traffic you're creating a little traffic jam behind you. You're causing a lot of people to hit their brakes, change lanes, accelerate back again. Basically, your improved FE is coming at the expense of lost FE for many other people.
Elan; Very Interesting Thought

Terry

Quick Reply: 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands