Slide whistle sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Slide whistle sound

Our one year old Accord hybrid has made the slide whistle sound on a number of occasions although it hasn't done so for about four months. The sound appears to come from the trunk area and it's very loud. As George said, it can happen at any time although my wife and I have noticed that it occurs most often after driving in warm weather for an extended period of time. I mentioned it to our dealer service dept. after the first few times that it occured but they couldn't find anything wrong. They told us to bring the car in when it happens again so that they can hear it. The problem with that is that it occurs very infrequently and is not repeatable.

Chris

Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ohhhh- the TRUNK. IMA battery fan. It takes air from the grill between the rear seats and vents into the trunk at the right side grill.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Enthusiast

You are not crazy! I have this exact same problem! I have found it to be so distracting that I am seriously considering trading the car in for a normal Civic even though it would cost me.

I notice that the sound is more common when it is 80 degrees or hotter outside and if the car has spent anytime in the sun (like in the parking lot while I am shopping). If the car is inside a parking garage all day, I rarely notice it.

It happens at highway speeds, when stopped, 3-cylinders, 6-cylinders, and no-cylinders. I happens with the radio on/off, AC on/off, adn the windows up/down.

Now, I hear it almost always from the front of the car. It usually moves when it occurs starting on the left or right side and moving to the other side. I have sometimes heard it directly to the lower left as if from the wheel well. I ahve sometimes heard to come from the far right front of the car.

Sometimes it lasts four or five seconds and can be very loud and sometimes it lasts half-a-second and is soft.

Help!

Old 07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

got a digital camera? mine can take short movies AND record sound, too.
bring it along for the ride and use it as a recorder!