New Tires no MPG Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Tires no MPG Gauge?

Just had NTB put Eagle GT tires on my 2006 HAH. So much better than the stock tires! After I left I noticed that both my trips were reset. Then I realized that my MPG gauge was missing. I cycle through, and nothing shows up where it should be.

Is this in any way related to the new tires? Or is it just my ECU (have had the check engine light twice due to misfires)?

I searched the forums, couldn't find anything about the MPG gauge disappearing.

Thanks,
Zach

Old 07-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New Tires no MPG Gauge?

I can't imagine it would have anything to do with the new tires, directly. And I can't imagine why the MPG readout would be blank (even if it was manually reset) after driving for a few miles.

Do you normally reset your trip-meter when you fill up? I know after several thousands of miles the MPG gauge does some funky stuff if you don't reset it. It's like the memory that calculates your MPGs runs out and it'll show something weird like 0.4 MPG. I don't know if what you're seeing, or NOT seeing, is related to what I describe. Just curious.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Enthusiast

I reset it after every fill up. I'll be calling Honda on Monday. CPO, so they should fix it free.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The CPO warranty for something like this is only up to 48K miles (and whatever the year limitation is), if I recall correctly. Hopefully you're under that.

Let us know how it goes at the dealership! I'm curious as to what this problem could be.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Enthusiast

Just bought it in April with 29.5k miles on it. So, I'm good for a while.