Need help withmy 05 HAH audio system

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast
Default Need help withmy 05 HAH audio system

K I'm going to make this short and sweet if someone can help me please...

I plan on putting in a subwoofer/amp and rewireing the front speakers hopeing it'll bypass the ANC thats my first question is will it cut that roaring sound?

and my second is, will I need any type of capacitor or anything of that sort? I'm going to leave my head unit in and use RCA converters to hook up the amp/sub/speakers, if theres anything I should look out for or be concerned about please let me know before I do all this..

Thank you

Old 08-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Need help withmy 05 HAH audio system

Originally Posted by setokazyan1
and my second is, will I need any type of capacitor or anything of that sort? I'm going to leave my head unit in and use RCA converters to hook up the amp/sub/speakers, if theres anything I should look out for or be concerned about please let me know before I do all this..

Thank you
How big of an amp on the subwoofer? Are you going for trunk rattling bass, or just filling in the missing bass that the door speakers do not provide?

My opinion is that if you are doing anything that is going to hit hard, pulling a lot of amps in hard spikes, i'd put in a small cap in front of the amp...it'll should save some stress on the 12V transformer in the hybrid system, which will be very expensive to replace if you blow up.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Need help withmy 05 HAH audio system

I just did my amp/sub tonight powering 2000 watt bass inferno amp with a 10 inch JL audio sub...FAILED misribly the amp/sub work great but the ANC messes it all up, so theres no way of us avoiding this issue =\ Believe it or not but looks like we have no choice but to fix the ANC one way or another.