First Post - Question about audio system on '08 Escape

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Enthusiast
Default First Post - Question about audio system on '08 Escape

Hello all -

I just recently ordered a new '08 Escape Hybrid (it's not in yet). I ordered it with the optional 320-watt Audiophile sound system. I did not order the NAV system. The NAV audio system and this audio system appear to have the same screen. My question is - will this audio system give me the hybrid mode of operation and MPG information on its screen, or does that only come with the NAV audio system?

If it doesn't have it, is there a way to get it without the NAV? (I couldn't see paying the extra $2000 for a NAV system that probably isn't as good as a system I could buy online at a cheaper price).

Last edited by KyGreen; 05-22-2007 at 04:46 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:24 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner
Default Re: First Post - Question about audio system on '08 Escape

Originally Posted by KyGreen
Hello all -

I just recently ordered a new '08 Escape Hybrid (it's not in yet). I ordered it with the optional 320-watt Audiophile sound system. I did not order the NAV system. The NAV audio system and this audio system appear to have the same screen. My question is - will this audio system give me the hybrid mode of operation and MPG information on its screen, or does that only come with the NAV audio system?

If it doesn't have it, is there a way to get it without the NAV? (I couldn't see paying the extra $2000 for a NAV system that probably isn't as good as a system I could buy online at a cheaper price).
My 08 Escape Hybrid came with the Audiophile package, but not the NAV/Audiophile package. The dealer upgraded the car to the NAV/Audiophile package.

Buttons and ***** control the Audiophile only package, while the touch screen controls the Audiophile system on the NAV/Audiophile package.

They both sound the same.

There is not a screen with the Audiophile package, so you do not get the Hybrid energy flow graphic. You do get MPG on the display below the speedometer.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:16 PM
N/A

The Audiophile system basically looks the same as the optional 6 disc CD setup. It's pretty hard to tell the difference, other than the fact that the center display says "Ford Audiophile Sound" when you first turn the vehicle on.

It does not come with the touch screen.

Old 05-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtberman
The Audiophile system basically looks the same as the optional 6 disc CD setup. It's pretty hard to tell the difference, other than the fact that the center display says "Ford Audiophile Sound" when you first turn the vehicle on.

It does not come with the touch screen.
The one I ordered has a 6 CD changer. It was the $695 option. It looks like it has the exact screen as the one included with the NAV unit.

I was just hoping it would give the hybrid information/MPG screens that the one does on the NAV unit. I priced it out on Ford's website and it wasn't clear if the option I ordered included that information screen.

Does anyone have the '08 FEH with only the $695 optioned Audiophile system that could chime in?

Old 05-22-2007, 05:40 PM
N/A

The one I ordered has a 6 CD changer. It was the $695 option. It looks like it has the exact screen as the one included with the NAV unit.

I was just hoping it would give the hybrid information/MPG screens that the one does on the NAV unit. I priced it out on Ford's website and it wasn't clear if the option I ordered included that information screen.

Does anyone have the '08 FEH with only the $695 optioned Audiophile system that could chime in?
I have it, which is why posted that info and stated that it has no touch screen. I'd be happy to take a quick photo of it and e mail it so you can see what it looks like.

There are 3 optional sound setups: First is The $295 6CD, which is just a 6 CD in place of the standard single CD. It also includes MP3 playback capability. Second is the Audiophile setup (what I have) which costs $695 and includes the 6CD head unit, then adds 6 premium speakers plus a subwoofer for a total of 7 speakers, along with a set of amps totaling 320 watts. Third is the Audiophile setup bundled with navigation, which is the Audiophile setup but with some controls accessed via the nav touch screen.

Does that make sense? It's kind of confusing.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtberman
I have it, which is why posted that info and stated that it has no touch screen. I'd be happy to take a quick photo of it and e mail it so you can see what it looks like.

There are 3 optional sound setups: First is The $295 6CD, which is just a 6 CD in place of the standard single CD. It also includes MP3 playback capability. Second is the Audiophile setup (what I have) which costs $695 and includes the 6CD head unit, then adds 6 premium speakers plus a subwoofer for a total of 7 speakers, along with a set of amps totaling 320 watts. Third is the Audiophile setup bundled with navigation, which is the Audiophile setup but with some controls accessed via the nav touch screen.

Does that make sense? It's kind of confusing.
Thanks for your reply.

Wow, now I'm really confused. Ford's website clearly shows the $695 Audiophile system with a screen (whether it's a touch screen, it doesn't say). But you say your's doesn't have a screen at all?

Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Enthusiast

Wow, now I'm really confused. Ford's website clearly shows the $695 Audiophile system with a screen (whether it's a touch screen, it doesn't say). But you say your's doesn't have a screen at all?
It's a shame but the Ford website is wrong. They don't have the correct photo for the Audiophile option. They really need to change that. The Audiophile package doesn't come with a screen of any kind. It only has a CD slot and *****/buttons that mirror the climate controls.

I got my 08 FEH with the Nav package (touch screen). It's not the best as far as navigation systems go but I wanted the hybrid monitor which displays battery level and mpg in real time.

Old 05-23-2007, 04:32 AM
N/A

Apologies, I did not know the website had a pic and that's what you were talking about. I just checked and, yes, that's NOT it.

When I was shopping in February there was only the mini-site and that pic was not there. The written specs don't say anything about a screen, and I had already gone and looked at several on dealer lots and knew up-front there would be no screen or displays with my Audiophile setup.

If I had ordered and my dealer had led me to think I'd be getting displays without having to buy the nav system, I would not be a happy guy.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies - now I'm upset I'm not getting what Ford has on their website.

My dealer, or even dealers in this area, don't seem to stock any '08 FEHs, so I just built mine on Ford's site and sent it to my dealer. They called and gave me a price - then I ordered it.

I ordered it at the beginning of May, and I understand it is to be built the week of the 28th.

I wonder if I can have the order changed, or if I will have to cancel this unit and order another with the NAV system?

I don't guess the dealer can upgrade it to the NAV system can they?

Old 05-23-2007, 05:20 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Thanks for the replies - now I'm upset I'm not getting what Ford has on their website.

My dealer, or even dealers in this area, don't seem to stock any '08 FEHs, so I just built mine on Ford's site and sent it to my dealer. They called and gave me a price - then I ordered it.

I ordered it at the beginning of May, and I understand it is to be built the week of the 28th.

I wonder if I can have the order changed, or if I will have to cancel this unit and order another with the NAV system?

I don't guess the dealer can upgrade it to the NAV system can they?
The dealer upgraded mine to the NAV system two months ago. The instalation looks factory and seems to work fine. I am still waiting for the manual. The dealer says Ford has them back ordered and cannot tell me when one will be available.

Quick Reply: First Post - Question about audio system on '08 Escape

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands