Need emergency advice on 06 HAH purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Need emergency advice on 06 HAH purchase

I am on the threshold to buy a 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid. The car looks brand new inside and out, and when I say it looks new, I am not exagerating. The owner lived in Key Largo Florida but worked in Ft. Lauderdale, so he drove a hell of a lot 5 days a week. The car has 114K miles. Price is $9500. Is there a way for me to know if the IMA battery is taking a crap or not? In excellent condition, am I overpaying on this car? What should I be looking for? Thank you so much, and I hope if I buy it this week to make many contributions to this really cool forum.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Need emergency advice on 06 HAH purchase

Just based on what you describe, that sounds like a great price for that car. The last dealership I spoke to, about a month ago, said the '05 model with approximately 80K miles was going for about $12K at auction and dealerships were selling for about $14K.

There's really no way of knowing about the condition of the battery. I've only known of one hybrid battery replacement for the HAH. And that was by a guy on these forums.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast

Well I am pleased to report that I bought the car. Through my resourcefulness, I was able to find out the previous and only owners name and address, local to me. I spoke with him and verified with him the history behind the high miles. I also verified that he had all regular and routine maintenance on the car performed at the Honda dealership as scheduled by the factory recommendations. I pulled a car fax, and verified the cars history as well.

The dealership was in a pickle, as apparently they had attempted to get a few people financed on this car but all were turned down based on the mileage.

We had a pre approval via our credit union, and I negotiated the price down to $9148.00 plus ONLY tax, tag, title and doc fee of $25.50

They have a dealer fee of $799 and I refused to pay it and I won.

So there you have it, I got my very first, high mile but, mint mint mint condition 06 HAH for $9148......

The dealership is Gus Machado Ford of Kendall in Miami, and I HIGHLY recommend the salesman, Jose de la Oca.

Now, what do I need to know about this car folks???

Old 07-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Start readin' the threads...

Lots of good info located here.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Active Enthusiast

I think you are on the right track. It is not over price and as far as I know the price is well competitive so go on that is based on the pricing that I saw in another site. If the car is in good condition I don't think there's an issue with the battery for that matter.