Hybrid and Standard Accord Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid and Standard Accord Accessories

The HAH does not have a DVD player. At least, not for movies. It has a DVD reader for the NAVI discs, but that's the extent of what that player under the flap in the center stack does.

Someone in another forum did a write-up of a mod they did that allowed them to hook up an external DVD player to the NAVI screen. I don't remember which forum it was in, but if you did an internet search for movies, DVD, NAVI, Accord... you might find it. However, if you're not an electronics person, you run a really big risk of frying your NAVI system since the mod involved soldering output wires from the DVD player to the RGB steering components on the NAVI monitor board.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Enthusiast

Yep that is a bit farther than I would like to go. Thanks

Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

I believe the difference in mileage is that the dash calculation uses the odometer and the Navi makes the calculation with the GPS mileage. I have had big differences in the past once in a while as well. I think that the navi may sometimes not calculate mileage if you don't activate the Navi system for a trip by hitting the "I accept" button. The navi may have missed a particularly high or low MPG section of driving.

Also, the HAH has an aluminum hood to reduce weight.

If you need to carry long items (is. skiis), just get a roof rack and rocket box. I just got one from Yakima. However, that and snow tires dropped my highway mileage from 40 down to 32. With snows and without the roof, back up to 38 or so.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:51 AM
Enthusiast

Several design techniques were used to reduce the weight of the vehicle and therefore make the most of the power available from the hybrid engine, such as removing the sunroof and adding new, lightweight aerodynamic alloy wheels. Additional changes to the ultraefficient hybrid sedan included constructing the hood and bumper out of aluminum and tuning the suspension to accommodate the a sportier ride and feel that corresponded to the change in overall weight.