View Poll Results: get the fog lamps? (poll closes in 30 days after 11-28-05)
yes
45.45%
no
45.45%
don't care
9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Fog Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Fog Lamps

Yeah, I agree with you guys. I DO enjoy the "bling factor" of the driving lights. But at $230, I think I'll skip out on having them and use the money to take the wife to San Diego for the weekend instead.

If they were only $130, I'd get them!

Also, with the additional juice that the driving lights would pull (see thread about the FEH product demonstration in Dearborn MI where the engineers said running the headlights in the FEH would contribute to a 0.9% loss of FE) how much of a loss in FE could that conceivably be?

So, so far, I'm leaning to NO on the driving lights. Merely based on cost. But! I'm going to still get the trunk tray, wheel locks, 15 oil filters, maybe some air and CAF filters...

Hmm, it's like I'm buying Christmas presents all for myself! Nah, those presents are for the HAH! I wonder if my wife will think it's funny or stupid if I have a bunch of wrapped boxes under the tree that say, "To: Accord Hybrid?"

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if she has boxes marked, "To: the cats!" Furry little bastids! It never fails that on the days I have to go to work in my dress blues, the white one will come up and brush up against my leg as I'm about to walk out the door! I've already threatened my wife that I was going to dye our white cat Air Force blue!

Old 12-02-2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Delta Flyer
Seriously, the laws should address monster trucks/land barges for the safety hazards they are, not to mention the increased highway wear....
You should see some of the monstrosities out here in AZ. I don't believe they have a limit on how high a vehicle can be lifted. Some of these trucks have bumpers that stand clear over my car! And these are daily drivers for some people! It's a coolness factor that I just don't understand, since 95% of these trucks only off-roading experience is when they pull into a gravel driveway.

Not that I dislike off-road vehicles! We take our Ford Escape 4WD out exploring all the time! I just think some people take their vehicles too far to the extreme when they exceed useability.

Old 12-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bar10dah
You should see some of the monstrosities out here in AZ. I don't believe they have a limit on how high a vehicle can be lifted. Some of these trucks have bumpers that stand clear over my car!
Higher than this? Oh, the answer must be yes!

Factoid: No more than 5% of SUV are ever driven off-road in a serious way...

Old 12-02-2005, 12:51 PM

Holy crap yes. Much bigger. I'll take my camera out with me today. If I spot one somewhere where I can safely snap a pic, I will.

I drive an M-523A at work. Some of these monster trucks are higher than mine!

Old 12-02-2005, 12:53 PM

Old 12-02-2005, 12:57 PM

Wonder what the FE is on THAT thing!

I know, it's funny to have a motorcycle pic with a military theme. One of my riding buddies works at a local K-12 school. All his students knows he's a bike rider. Maybe two years ago, maybe three, his school created a "friends of the military" wall, where the students would place pictures of their family and friends that were in the military. My buddy thought it would be great if he could get a shot of us at work, in uniform, on our bikes. The truck was thrown in at the last minute just to give the kids a more "military" backdrop.

Old 12-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hmmm ... I guess it is mostly if you like the look. I don't know about store bought ones as someone suggested, as the fit and finish wouldn't look as nice. I have a hard time right now deciding what I would want to get or not when I purchase a car. I guess I can try to find someplace online as you have to purchase all of the items on my own and save myself from a lot of dealer profit and installation costs!!!

I say ... get them if you have the money to spare!!! Apparently you like them if you are considering them, and it will only have an effect your FE if you turn them on. And you never know, you just might wish you had them one day lol.

Old 12-22-2005, 03:36 PM

Nah, don't like the way they look. But, also don't like the way aftermarket lamps look, either. I wanted them for functionality. But, that's not going to happen. So, decided against them.