CD Player Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default CD Player Issues

I have a 2005 HAH and the 6 disc CD Player is great for store bought CDs. However, with burned CDs, they almost always have problems. Forget about skipping songs or playing through an entire CD. It almost always comes up with a "Disc Error". It makes a funny noise (like scratching a record, or something) and stops playing. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: CD Player Issues

Try to clean your CD player. They always more sensitive to dust on the lens when playing burned CD since these disks have less contrast than pressed disks.

Old 08-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heygirlhey
I have a 2005 HAH and the 6 disc CD Player is great for store bought CDs. However, with burned CDs, they almost always have problems. Forget about skipping songs or playing through an entire CD. It almost always comes up with a "Disc Error". It makes a funny noise (like scratching a record, or something) and stops playing. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

yup simply does not read Mp3 files make sure you burn the disc for regular cd played use only, or your just going to get skipping errors and scratching sounds.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Enthusiast

Hey just clean up your cd player with cd cleanser it will work properly no big issue and if the problem persist just reinstall the software which you use for burning cd's ..

Old 09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Enthusiast
Wink Re: CD Player Issues

Most of the CD's I've burned will play OK in my HAH, but some just won't. And some of those will play in other CD players. Why? The CD burner's head alignment and track width is not exactly the same as the CD player's, and that causes errors. You might get lucky by using a different burner that more closely matches the player's. Even heat affects the player's ability to read a burned CD. Always use high-quality CD media--these days the price between the best and the worst is negligible.

That said, CD's burned at home will NEVER be as reliable as pressed commercial CD's.