2005 Accord Hybrid Loud rumble through speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:21 AM
2005 Accord Hybrid owner
Default 2005 Accord Hybrid Loud rumble through speakers

Hi all,
I brought my car in to the dealer for this problem and it is a faulty ANC (Part #: 06390-SDR-307). They want to charge $760 part and labor to replace). I found the part online for $267. Has anyone out there tried replacing it themselves? The Honda service bulletin quotes it as 0.6 hours of labor and to refer to pages 23 thru 81 of the service manual. Does anyone have the manual?

hoping to do this myself.

Thanks,
Paul

Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2005 Accord Hybrid Loud rumble through speakers

58 pages is an awful lot of pages to try to scan. I believe the ANC is in the overhead console. Once you drop the sunglass holder there are two hex nuts that secure the overhead console to the roof. Take that down and you should be able to see/replace the ANC unit easily.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:43 AM
2005 Accord Hybrid owner

I thought that was a lot of pages too. Especially since the service bulletin lists the labor at .6 hour.

Thanks so much for the tip. I'm going to open it up and check it out this weekend before ordering the part.

Thanks again,
paul

Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 PM

If you have any particular questions, please ask. I don't mind looking up information in the service manual.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Active Enthusiast

I hope this will help.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ANC.pdf (288.7 KB, 544 views)
Old 07-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

I also have problem and just now looked up the service and find that they require the speakers be also replaced and they give part#
06390-SDR-307, H/C 8355414. What is this a foreign car problem? Of all the cars I've owned the foreign models have some weird problems. The defroster in the 05 HAH just frost up the window when using it in the summer months. I don't remember any US made car doing this. I had this problem in my 99 Hyundai Sonata along with the Accord.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:58 PM

This isn't particularly a foreign car problem. Sounds more like a 'moisture in your HVAC' problem. When you've had your window fog up, was it a humid day? My GMC used to do that, fogging up the window when turning on the defroster. But it would clear up pretty quickly when the A/C evaporator starts to remove the moisture from the air.

I usually always have my HAH's HVAC set to auto, so the A/C is always on. So when I turn my HAH's defroster on, I don't get any foggy windows. I'll try to remember to turn my defroster on next time while keeping my A/C off and see if it fogs my window.

The speakers may/may not need to be replaced. The TSB calls for replacing them because the low rumbling caused by the faulty ANC could cause the speakers premature wear, or even to tear. I'd say, if you turn your music up to about the loudest you'd listen to your music, and you don't hear any noticeable or bothersome distortion or cracking, then don't worry about replacing them. Or, take this as an opportunity to upgrade your speakers to some higher quality ones. I had my ANC TSB done for free, so they just replaced my speakers. But if I had to do this TSB now, and had to pay for it myself, I'd spend the $50-$90 and get some good quality speakers in there. Although, I don't know if it would be worth it. The stock speakers actually don't sound bad. So not sure if it would make any noticeable difference in my music quality.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

I just got a quote from my local dealer and they want about $475 to do it.
In other postings I read, people mentioned Honda's "goodwill program".
Is that something that is only used for cars just barely out of warranty?
My car is 5 years old, almost 50K miles, so pretty well past the warranty.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

I really don't think Honda knows the the meaning of "Goood Will" if you know what I mean?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast

Hey I was wondering can you send me the site or etc... whatever it may be you found the part(s) on I need my rumble fixed ASAP as well this is just getting too annoying..

Quick Reply: 2005 Accord Hybrid Loud rumble through speakers

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands