Bass Thud on Bumps

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

Originally Posted by hyaena85
are you sure it's the speakers?

it is VERY frustrating to pay this much for a bloody honda and have this occur. it really ruins an otherwise FINE automobile.

please email me - I would like to keep in touch with you in case you or I find resolve with this. . . .
m_teahan@yahoo.com

I hope we can get this fix.

Please try to experiment without the audio on; when my stereo is blasting, it sounds similar when a bass riff kicks in. I have to turn it down to see if it is from the car or the music.

Really... How much did the HAH cost? I mean the car does cost no more than $30,000.00..... It isn't that much money... Honda might be reliable, but they are just like any other non-premium based car, a disposable item...

Sorry to be harsh but that is the price you pay for new untested technology. (Untested in mass market)

Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 PM
Enthusiast

Just rubbish - your message is very revealing about you as a person.

No matter who you are or where you've been, $30k is a lot for a car. Especially an Accord.

Besides, my last car was a $65,000 bmw 5 - series, and it was a piece of ****. The Honda is a better car in my opinion. So the valuation aspect would be a moot point for me.

And as for disposable cars - I remember some clown said that to me when I bought an 84 Nissan Z back in the day - the thinking is that it wouldnt last but 5 years. Well, I'm still driving it. . . .
Like you, he seemed to have an axe to grind.

So, when did reliability, function and (some) style become non-premuim. I know A LOT of people who paid more for a Honda than other brands because they feel it IS premium to have reliable transportation. But for 'others', I suppose that doesnt compensate for other shortcomings they may or may not suffer from.

You probably drive slow, dont use your directional (ever) and ding the doors of other cars near you. That's what disposable thinking will get ya. . . .

Old 11-16-2007, 04:24 AM

Hyaena85,
Please accept my apologizes. One thing I find that Honda does really well is make Acura their main market here in the states.

The Walmart Dealer I purchased my Honda from does not offer anything with your purchase. If you have an issue with the car, they need you to bring it in and wait or have someone pick you up. They do not have a loaner car program or a Enterprise Rent-a-car on site.

It doesn't really matter how much the car cost, but the service that is packaged with it.

Back in the late 90's I purchased a CL over the same Accord 2dr because it offered roadside assistance and loaner cars. The dealer I got the CL from also paid for every other oil change.

I will stand on my disposable comment though. All cars are disposable but with the Hybrid technology you are basically doing what Microsoft does with consumers when they release a new OS. You become the mass market tester and then they release service packs and updates.

Honda doesn't make a lot of money on the Honda based cars here because there are so many of them. They do make money on the quantity though. Honda does make a little more money off of the Acura because it is not a volume sales based vehicle.

I do drive slow when I need to, I do use my turn signals, I do not ding other's doors.

Again, I am sorry for my original comment. Again, I hear the words "How much you pay...." and I am like, it is a Honda. It is not something more..

Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

I was unduly harsh on you - sorry.

We're a small group, we HAH owners, but we are FIERCE!

As for the disposable aspect, I think we should just agree to disagree.

I rent A LOT of cars to travel and I have not had one that I prefer over my Honda. Foreign or Domestic.

Like any Japanese car, you have to handle it delicately, but I know many of them are still on the road - because we all still see them, right?

Anyhow, my favorite in your list of cars is the 1987 Spectrum. Sounds like your MBZ was just my German scrap heap BMW. . . .

Buy Right - Buy Japanese - Buy Honda

Old 11-16-2007, 04:24 PM

The Spectrum was pretty nice. Back then I remember paying about 8.00 to fill my tank....

My 1994 Civic was around 120,000 miles before the truck ran over it....

Yeah, the Mercedes was really a piece of crap. The dealer(s) I went to could have done a lot more to resolve the numerous issues. In the end I went back to a Honda made product.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:36 AM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

Originally Posted by hyaena85
I can report that the problem was fixed.

They tore out the stereo and speakers without too much evidence - the gap on the right side of the stereo is just barely bigger than the one on the left. I can deal with it.

It's better than having the noise.
Hi,

So everything is corrected and you are now back on the road with a Smile on your Face.

Great and I am glad they got things repaired for like 99% of the situation. A small gap like you say is better than the NOISE Problem.

Terry

Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast

Mwish -

Did you ever take your HAH to the dealership and get the back base noise problem solved?

Sheila

Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 AM
2005 Accord Hybrid owner

I see this post is a few years old but I just brought my HAH to thedealer for the same exact issue. It is a faulty ANC (P/N: 06390-SDR-307). They want to charge $760 parts and labor to replace. I found the part online for $267. I'd like to try and do it myself but I need to read pages 23-81 of the Service manual. Has anyone out there done this themselves? Does anyone have a copy of the the manual?

Thanks

Old 07-15-2010, 09:08 AM
G.H. Contributor
Post Re: Bass Thud on Bumps

I do-not have a Service Manual for the HAH.

Terry