Alignment Nonsense

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 10:26 AM
Enthusiast
Default Alignment Nonsense

Has anyone else been told their standard/unmodified Civic requires a 'camber kit' when an alignment is done? A local shop gave me this load of BS - without ever seeing the car - when I asked what they charge for an alignment. Their alignment price was $129.95 plus $59 for the 'camber kit'.

I know early years of the HCH-II had an issue in back where Honda replaced the lower arms because the car had too much camber from the factory, but I've never heard of anything like that on HCH-IIIs. As we all know, camber and caster on modern mass produced vehicles is set at the factory and cannot change unless the car is altered (e.g. lowered) or suffers some kind of suspension damage. The only thing shops do on a car like ours is set the front toe, nothing else is adjustable.

Pisses me off that scumbag shops cheat people on stuff like this.