HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Xenon headlights install

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Xenon headlights install

You should check if the JDM market has an HID projector light housing for the HCHII. I supect they do. Also, most HID projector housing have a self leveling mode to minimize blinding oncoming traffic.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I've looked around and around for some, but can't find any. What is the JDM market though ???? I got the lights to turn WAY down. Doesn't hurt how well I see, and DEFINITELY made a difference when I stationed the car and drove by it repeatedly.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Japanese Domestic Market.

Old 11-15-2006, 08:43 AM
Pimpin ain't easy!

JDM: Japanese Domestic Market

Originally Posted by mexiken
I've looked around and around for some, but can't find any. What is the JDM market though ???? I got the lights to turn WAY down. Doesn't hurt how well I see, and DEFINITELY made a difference when I stationed the car and drove by it repeatedly.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ralph_dog
Look at the front of the headlight assembly and if it has HB2 or HB3 (halogen only) on it you cannot use zenon discharge or HID lamps because the reflector will cause too much glare. You will need to purchase a new reflector/headlamp assembly that is specifically made for HID headlamps if one exists for your model vehicle. Hope this helps..
Regarding your article on xenon headlights. I have a 2007 Toyota Camry. Unfortunately, as you are probably aware of it does not come with Xenon headlights. Toyota doesn't make a kit for it either. If the Prius Hybrid has the Xenon lights can't that same kit be put on the Camry?

Old 11-21-2006, 01:30 PM
Pimpin ain't easy!

Originally Posted by jg44118
Regarding your article on xenon headlights. I have a 2007 Toyota Camry. Unfortunately, as you are probably aware of it does not come with Xenon headlights. Toyota doesn't make a kit for it either. If the Prius Hybrid has the Xenon lights can't that same kit be put on the Camry?
You cannot because the OEM base of the HID bulb of the Prius is for specifically OEM HID fitted bulbs. You would need to buy a rebased hid conversion kit. Example: Since your bulbs are 9006, you would need to get an HID rebased conversion kit for a 9006 bulb.

http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=17 (they sell cheaper ones on ebay of course)