HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Tsb 09-058

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tsb 09-058

Just an update on this patch: at first it made a noticable improvement on the battery recal frequency, but my car experienced three recalibrations last week. I don't know what the difference is, but I've gone from the "happy camp" to the "jury's still out camp" about this software revision.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:23 AM

Oh, that is to bad! I thought maybe Honda had solved the problem.Sounds like some improvement however. Hal

Old 09-19-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by noflash
Hey Everybody,

It's been awhile. Good to see some old-timers and a lot of new posters as well. This site was getting a little stale and my HCHII a little boring, so I haven't had anything to post about.

To get on topic, am I the only one who just drives my car, get's mid-40s, and changes the oil, and that's it?

I did get the Rear-Control arm done, but I failed to see much difference and am just not into to hunting around for stuff to do for my car anymore.

It's boring, cheap, and bulletproof. What else could I ask for?

Cheers, nf
I've been real busy and I'm also over with HCH mods. The car is great and I've been just driving it, changing the oil, and keeping it clean.

In June we got a MINI E (www.minie.com), which has been getting most of the attention.

I've been in and out of GH, but haven't really had the time to post anything, especially DIYs and such (not that I've had the time to do any).

Old 09-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

I had the update installed a couple of weeks ago. I think my expectations were too high. I don't get the sense the update works better than before. In fact, in some ways it is worse. I haven't noticed any real changes in FE either. Here's a summary of my IMA related problems after the 09-058 upgrade:
  • (old) Frequent recalibration during around-town driving (every 20-30 miles). (problem since Aug-08 update)
  • (old) Related to above, inaccurate battery level readings. Sudden changes from as high as 6-7 bars to 1. (Problem since Aug-08 update)
  • (new) Stuck at 4 bars issue. On three occasions I've seen the battery at 4 bars for miles. Auto-stop works. Very slight regen. Very slight assist. Charges slightly while under power. The first time, it was like this for 10 miles, then suddenly showed a full charge. The last time it was like this for 5 miles of stop/starts, then suddenly showed 1 bar of charge.
Maybe the last problem is exactly what the update was supposed to do as described in the TSB?

-dan

Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

Like others, my car performed better for a few weeks after the software updates. Yesterday my vehicle had 3 recalibrations in 25 miles. What is worse than before is that now I go from 4 or 5 bars (and sometimes even 6) to zero bars (where I used to have 1 or 2 remaining). On the plus side, when the battery recharges, it goes from 4 or 5 bars to 7 much, much faster than it ever did. My average has actually increased a bit but the recals are annoying. The only thing worse than the problem is Honda's attitude about it and their treatment of me and others like me.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Enthusiast

All, we have a widespread problem with the constant recals. Our car does a recal on almost every restart after sitting for an hour or more.

Mileage persists in the upper 30s despite cooler weather.

Neither dealer nor Honda have any answers. We have all the software updates through July and no improvement.

My dealer said they have several other Austin customers with these issues. If you look at the posts here there is a definite pattern among those who visit this forum.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Arrow Re: Tsb 09-058

My HCH has still never had a recal.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Like Steve I have had only one recall, but with the updates suffer the 4 bar freeze if the A/C is on and more then 2 people in the car.

Brian

Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tommy T
If you look at the posts here there is a definite pattern among those who visit this forum.
Many of us who are having this problem are driving 2006 units. Do you know when yours was built? I wonder if we could fine tune the build dates of those of us who are having problems--all of us probably had batteries that are from the same production run.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 PM

I have a 2006 built in Oct. 2006. I may have had one recal.I'm at about 20,000 miles. Hal

Quick Reply: Tsb 09-058

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands