HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Energy Independence
Default Re: Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

Yep, that's it. It varies a little for each car it seems.
Stunningly stupid for a little issue like this to go on so long. A simple line change-out of thicker foam or a more rigid spoiler would resolve the problem.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Active Enthusiast

@#^&#$)*^&$@*^&

took possession on the 30th of june. found this forum today. read this thread this afternoon. looked at the paint wearing off of my trunk this evening.

FER DAWG DAWGDAWG!!!!

at least I like my dealer......

Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Energy Independence

Welcome, Scuddy!

Sorry for giving you something to worry over (but it IS good to know).

Old 07-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Enthusiast

Well, I followed step #3 in regards calling Honda of America. The guy seemed very friendly, and I could hear him typing away. I made sure to get a case number as well.

I e-mailed the service manager with the same pictures I posted, and whenever I have a need to go to the dealership (maybe oil change or something), I will let them know of the issue. I think I will also e-mail the fleet manager, who sold me the car, since I am probably still fresh in his mind.

On a side note: About 450 miles on my first tank of gas, and I have about 3 bars left!

Old 07-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have an appointment in the morning with my service manager and his manager. I've printed out the relevant pages so I have reference to telephone #'s. Plus I've got new pic's with the nifty-50/1.8 so I should be set.

Went & got my info in the local "system" and even have a bit of paper to that effect. Of course they haven't seen/heard of this yet. Well, until today.

Last edited by Scuddy; 07-18-2007 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'll have to wash mine and see if I have it. Then again, maybe not.......

Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Owner of '06 HCH #7264

After reading through this whole string, it seems like every report of this problem is being treated like the "first report" by Honda. Might I suggest those that have had the issue and logged a case, provide their case numbers, as further evidence for everyone that approaches their dealer? I like to be prepared with lots of documentation, when visiting my dealer, and having the case numbers of what sounds like a growing number of owners, will go a long was toward showing the dealers and Honda that we are all "Mad as he!! and not going to take it any more" !!

Old 07-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I have a white 2007 about 2 mo. old. I checked it out and I can notice some small scratches. When I rub the dust off, they are not noticeable at all. Could it be less noticeable because I have a white car and the primer is white? If it gets worse, I will take it to the dealer.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

Just an update (& i'll get the pics up later to show the progression) - I now have a case # and awaiting a time to meet with the zone rep about this. The lady on the phone was very nice & helpful.

Old 09-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Sweet! I am going to file a case as soon as the damage can not be wiped off with my finger. Does anyone have a white HCHII with this problem? If so, how long did it take to wear down bad enough to report?

Quick Reply: Spoiler wearing paint off of the trunk lid. What we must do!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands