HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
I bet the "Original-Poster" never in a Million Years thought that this Thread would end up like this over {His-Decision} to change-vehicles for whatever reason he had.

Interesting !!!!!

I think he or she did know.
Trolls study a forum and post things that are sure to get everyone wound up.
Then they enjoy sitting back to watch the mess.

Last edited by kenny; 05-15-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kenny
I think he or she did know.
Trolls study a forum and post things that are sure to get everyone wound up.
Then they enjoy sitting back to watch the mess.
But usually they get just enough stuff wrong to tip their hand. In this instance, it's the "poor acceleration" of the HCH II that somehow was selected as the Motor Trend Car of the Year.

Let's move on, please.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Enthusiast

The civic seems to have enough acceleration. No issues here in L.A. Don't be a pushover. I treat entrance ramps like elevators, "after you". The 06 honda hybrid has a 0-60 of 11.3 seconds. The 06 H3 has a 0-60 of 10.2 seconds. Don't race an H3 and you'll be O.K. and not embarrassed.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:29 AM

Not sure I agree with kenny- I really don't think the OP meant to be a troll- if you look at hrothgar's older posts (there aren't a lot) he seems very happy about the hybrid. Just goes to show that maybe sometimes a person's opinion can change. It's not always malicious, though it may look that way once in a while. I tend to try to think the best of people- if I can.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:56 PM

To be honest I think the original poster wanted the sympathy vote... but his presentation of his arguement failed to garner any. So that person's feelings got hurt and left.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:51 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Today, 01:29 PM
leahbeatle Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Hybrids: Honda Civic Hybrid 2005

Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons
Not sure I agree with kenny- I really don't think the OP meant to be a troll- if you look at hrothgar's older posts (there aren't a lot) he seems very happy about the hybrid. Just goes to show that maybe sometimes a person's opinion can change. It's not always malicious, though it may look that way once in a while. I tend to try to think the best of people- if I can.
Today, 02:56 PM

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
livvie

Hybrids: 2003 HCH CVT & Side Airbags

Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

To be honest I think the original poster wanted the sympathy vote... but his presentation of his arguement failed to garner any. So that person's feelings got hurt and left.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I Agree with the above Two-Post:

I am in Total-Agreement with (Both) of (You) in your two Post: If this Member was really wanting to get things into a War-Zone he would not have left and never came back. His Feelings (IMO) I think as you said did get Hurt for voicing his opinion. I did take the time to PM & E-Mail this member my comments but {Never} received any Reply to Date. Sad that we or some of us Immediately look at the Bad-Side of a Post and the Poster because we do not Agree with them.

I own a 06 HCH II and it is Slow compared to just about anything on the road. Look at the Spec Sheet in the back of Road&Track Magazine. So if this member was feeling unsafe then I think give the person some options available with other Hybrids that have way more power but still better FE than a Non-Hybrid. Then the member might still be here on this Forum. As it stands the member is gone:

Old 05-16-2007, 06:35 PM
For my daughter

Well, when you post something on a forum, you must accept to see your arguments brought down.

If the opponent is polite and your arguments strong, there is a nice dialectique starting;
If the opponent is not polite and your arguments strong, the opponent will look stupid one day or another;
If the opponent is polite and your arguments weak, it can end with a lost for you but you shall learn something;
If the opponent is not polite and your arguments weak, you maybe will go do something else or see everything deteriorates and see the moderator appears.

...and my civic is not slow

Pierre

Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 PM

Personally, I think the original poster had a bad "road rage" style incident occur to him. He probably hit the gas and it wasn't as powerful as his previous car... and he freaked out. That then turned into an overreaction on his post and irrational interest in selling his car. Put into an unusual "life or death" situation (real or perceived), anyone could be guilty of overreacting.

I'm also guessing the OP had experienced road rage incidents in the past, which may have had a better outcome than this particular incident.

Rather than blame the road rage instigator... he chose instead to blame the only thing that had changed since his last "road rage" incident. That, of course, was his HCHII. Not logical, but I understand the emotion behind it.

For me, the HCHII is plenty peppy! Years ago, I owned a 1982 Isuzu Diesel I-Mark car. I believe it was 52 HP and had what I called the "slug-o-matic" transmission. 0 to 60 mph in what seemed like hours. That car was very dependable... and also got high 40's MPG, but you did have to plan your entry onto freeways well in advance!!!

Old 05-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Banned

The reason this thread has become so long is the HCH II is a good car - excellent enough to be Motor Trend's Car of the Year. If the accusations at the start of this thread of poor safety and performance were true, it would have never received this award. We know auto zines tend to stress performance, so Motor Trend obviously thought the HCH II could deal with traffic in LA or anywhere else.

Getting into the mind of the thread starter is academic, but rather than continue to speculate on his thoughts and motivations, let's acknowledge the HCH II is both safe and has good accleration.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:19 AM

I think it is natural and healthy for people to get their thoughts out.
So many posters are struggling to figure out how the OP could have such a change of heart about a car we all love.
The initial post was a challenge to what we all feel passionate about.
Discussing what we feel strongly about is what this HCH forum is for.

I have not seen harsh and offensive posts in this thread that would warrant moderation.
Delta Flyer, why is it so important to you to control this thread?

Last edited by kenny; 05-17-2007 at 08:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands