HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:57 PM
For my daughter
Default Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Originally Posted by noflash
I don't know why hrothgar02 needs to post about here either. As if he needs some validation for his choice. You want to feel good about it, go to some AMG forum. This is a forum to promote and discuss FE vehicles.

Yes, you are NOT green anymore!

You are now part of the problem.
Thank you for having said it much better than me. I had exacly the same question for Terry and the same comment for this 5.4 liters driver.

That's exacly what made me upset : What are you doing ? come on an hybrid car site brag about having get one of the most polluting car on earth.

Go on site talking about big engin and stuffed dice.

PierreM

Last edited by PapaMile; 09-10-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
G.H. Contributor
Unhappy Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

I was going to do a very lengthy post here and make comments regarding the most recent post made here by some members.

After giving it some additional thought I decided there was a much better way to handle this situation.

I Deleted-My-Post:

So now for you few here that think you are the last word on what other members purchase and especially their being silly enough to share that information with you, have at it:

Personally I don't need the Grief. I have been on this Site for a very long time and I just hope that the comments here on this Thread never come to the area of this Site that I choose to be apart of.

This is Pitiful that a few of you are going to run off members by your comments and yet you do not see that you are doing anything that is out of line.

How Sad this makes me feel that this HCH Forum with some of it's New Members are turning a once Friendly-Forum into what it has become.

Little if any understanding for the "Other-Person".

Old 09-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hrothgar02
After much consideration, I have decided to sell the HCH II for safety reasons. The acceleration is just too slow to deal with the aggressive drivers
One of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Maybe you should just walk everywhere...

Old 09-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Enthusiast

Living in Houston all my life I can say this....it does not matter what kind of car you drive in Houston, you WILL almost get in a wreck just about everyday. You don't even have to be on the freeway. Houston has some of the worst drivers. They just don't care.

Old 09-11-2007, 07:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
I was going to do a very lengthy post here and make comments regarding the most recent post made here by some members.

After giving it some additional thought I decided there was a much better way to handle this situation.

I Deleted-My-Post:

So now for you few here that think you are the last word on what other members purchase and especially their being silly enough to share that information with you, have at it:

Personally I don't need the Grief. I have been on this Site for a very long time and I just hope that the comments here on this Thread never come to the area of this Site that I choose to be apart of.

This is Pitiful that a few of you are going to run off members by your comments and yet you do not see that you are doing anything that is out of line.

How Sad this makes me feel that this HCH Forum with some of it's New Members are turning a once Friendly-Forum into what it has become.

Little if any understanding for the "Other-Person".
Oh the Drama!!

Terry, I don't get it. Post your "very lengthy post". You've always been a helpful and productive member in the past. Don't give up.

Also, I don't buy it the whole thread-ain't-what-it-used-to-be thing. This Thread is always going to be as helpful as it ever was. I'm just not going to cave to someone's ego when they turn to the dark side (you only turned to the grey side ).

Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Can't we all just get along... Someone has to start saving this planet as we don't have a spare one. Our childrens children will probably be horrified that we once used to drive around in gigantic polluting gas guzzling land barges.

Maybe a few beers can solve our problem here. I have found that if beer does not directly solve the issue it can make everyone feel better!

Old 09-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Banned

noflash and PapaMile are simply advocating driving by your needs - not whims. A 1976 Accord had less than 80 horsepower - now it's around 250...three times the power and using twice as much gas.

There is nothing self-rightous or smug in promoting sustainability like PapaMile and noflash are doing - consider their ideas rather than attacking them and getting so defensive.

Last edited by Delta Flyer; 09-12-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PapaMile
Yes and the Hummer is nothing beside the boing 707 drived by John Travolta, and the Earth is nothing in the galaxy, and 50 persons dead per day in Irak is nothing beside the thousand killed by cars. We can hide so many things under the "everything is relative".
Not trying to hide, just saying. For all we know, this cat drives 3 miles per day in his uber-Benz, while many hybrid owners drive 100+ miles per day because they live so far from their jobs. Wouldn't it make sense for these folks to move closer to their jobs, if they really believe in all this "save the earth" stuff? And at that point, a bicycle or tiny "city" electric car / golf cart sort of deal makes more sense. Or there's always the bus - some are even hybrids these days. That's neither here nor there though.

As it sits, America is a place where one can buy what he or she wishes. I, for one, chose to buy a hybrid to reduce my gasoline consumption and save some cash. The OP chose to go another route. Good for him. All you and I can really do is speak with our wallets.

Originally Posted by PapaMile
The unsafe feeling talked about in this tread is another reality of the hypermiling. Nobody is surprised to see some hydrid drivers sell their car. We, hypermilers, might feel like we lost a member and being unhappy of that. But that is understandable. A WISE response might be to buy a hybrid with a stronger ICE like an Honda Accord, why not. That is a WISE response. But don't tell me is needed a 5.4 liters engin to feel safe at Houston or I don't know where. A Hummer is 3.7 liters. Don't tell me there is no room between 1.3 liters and 5.4 liters.
PierreM
No, the OP certainly doesn't "need" a 5.4 liter engine. However, by the same logic, I don't "need" the 1.3 liter engine in my Civic Hybrid. 110 HP just to drive to and from work? Yikes. I'm sure I could make do with an Insight or a motorcycle most of the time, and drive my Civic only when I need to take my family somewhere. I prefer to have the Civic, and be more wasteful than I "need" to be, because it is more convenient to me.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
For my daughter

Originally Posted by leroybrown
Not trying to hide...
Hi leroybrown,

I invite you to read what I said on this thread as at 05-07-2007, 07:53 PM.

I always say : first walk, then bike, then bus, then train, then car. It's pretty hard to say to a north-american that the solution is not the car, even hybrid, but the public transportation. The road network is a tragedie for the eco-systems and many animal species. Everytime I say that hybrid car is not a panacea, I have a lot of reaction. North-americans are just not ready or willing to abandon their car for any better alternative. They prefer die.

However, driving an hybrid is a strong political symbol even if on the environmental prespective it is not a solution.

I finish by this little story. When I started to drive the HCH, when I arrived at home I toll my family. Ho I did 3.5 liters/100km today. My 10 years old daughter didn't understand what it means. So I filled two tanks with water. One with 9 liters and the other one with 4 liters. And showed her, before and after the hybrid. However, I was absolutly abashed to see the amount of liquid that represent 3.5 liters. 3.5 and ever 1 liters every *?% working day is still a lot too much. And that's why I'am evaluating the possiblity to change employer and go downtown and use the available trains instead to remains where I'am woring. You don't need to beleve it.

Regards,

PierreM

Old 09-11-2007, 07:01 PM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

quote=leroybrown;142780]Not trying to hide, just saying. For all we know, this cat drives 3 miles per day in his uber-Benz, while many hybrid owners drive 100+ miles per day because they live so far from their jobs. Wouldn't it make sense for these folks to move closer to their jobs, if they really believe in all this "save the earth" stuff? And at that point, a bicycle or tiny "city" electric car / golf cart sort of deal makes more sense. Or there's always the bus - some are even hybrids these days. That's neither here nor there though.

As it sits, America is a place where one can buy what he or she wishes. I, for one, chose to buy a hybrid to reduce my gasoline consumption and save some cash. The OP chose to go another route. Good for him. All you and I can really do is speak with our wallets.

End of Quote by, leroybrown

To Members:

Out of the most recent Post here I have to say that your's is most interesting. It even borders on what I started to say last evening in a Post here

To further this along from my perspective:

My thoughts on this Site, Terry:

(1) Give the Mercedes guy a "Break" he simply said he felt safer in something other than the Hybrid Civic. I do not recall him saying to anyone on this Forum that you should get rid of your Hybrid Civics. He also posted that he found a car he was more comfortable with. It is the Mercedes. I think you few members here need to think a little more before you "Attack" another Member. He has not posted Multiple-Post here on the Mercedes. He did a Post. So he thought enough of the Forum to let us know what he ended up with. A sharing of information. Do any of you really think that a Mercedes Owner is going to continue Posting on a Hybrid-Forum about his Mercedes ??? I-Thought-Not !!!

(2) I thought I did the "Polite" thing and just in case he did drop back by here to read Post I included Pics of my New 2007 Accord WHAT ??? Hybrid. This is still a Hybrid Site is it not ??? This was done for multiple reasons on this Thread. One to let the Mercedes Owner see that there was other choices to the Hybrid Civic and still be in a Larger-Faster-Car. Which I think would also have made him feel Safer. The other reason I did the Post with the Pic of the Trip Computer was to do know more than share with my fellow "Hybrid-Owners" the excellent IMO FE as well as the MPG it just got on the 2nd tank of gas. So much for the sharing of information I guess. Not to mention that when I traded the HCH II (Honda Civic Hybrid) for the HAH (Honda Accord Hybrid) there were members here that said don't be a "Stranger" here just because you now have the HAH. So for those reasons I did my Post.

(3) I'm not going to mention any "NAMES" here. However I see that there are now some members that think they are being very clever with their cute, remarks on post. For those very few I am not going to address by using their names. Not necessary because they know exactly who they are and I think they are either trying to start up some kind of [Back & Forth Argument] or they are just plain "Inconsiderate". What ever the real situation is with them I personally do not choose to play their silly GAME.

(4) Since I was asked to do this post I will do it in an Honest-Way with my comments and thoughts.

I have been on many different Sites and still remain a member on many of them today. I started here on GreenHybrid though. Since it has been SOLD it is not the same Site as when (Jason) 1st started it with the older members like, Wayne Gerdes (Mr. Hypermiler), Tom Baleno, Lakedude, Pravus Prime, Hot Georgia, and many more members that use to be on here and for one reason or another have went their separate ways. Or Post very Seldome now. I mention this because I personally have always had a "Very-Good-Feeling" about being a Long-Term-Member here. I think back about members and when they use to post way up in the Thousands of Post here. As time has went by since Jason sold the Site with him concentrating on the rest of his life. Like College right now and then I would imagine after that the World is going to be "Wide-Open" to such a Very-Smart-Young-Man. I know he is still part of the background management here but certainly not anything like the role that he use to be in here as the OWNER. I'm sure at this point some of you are wondering where is Terry going or Headed with this ???

Right here:
If we as logical thinking adults do not and cannot see that other people have the right to buy and drive whatever they please, then folks I am on the {Wrong-Site}. I think some of the remarks here on this Thread are just plain Pathetic !!!!! Why do I think that or say that to you that still care about GreenHybrid ??? Just think about how you are coming across to any stranger that would drop by here and be reading this 1-Thread. If I were them I would be going elsewhere to be a member where the members do not (Absolutely-Crucify) a member for not "Feeling-Safe" in a vehicle and decides to trade it in on a vehicle that they do "Feel-Safe" driving. Does this really make sense ???

On another Forum I am a member of there have been remarks made that go something like this: I hope the Price-of-Gas goes up to like $4.00 to $5.00 Dollars a Gallon. They really think (Or say they do) that this will Quote: Teach the gas burning Public a "Lesson". I cannot believe that people really are that CRUEL & Unthinking of others. Did it ever dawn on these people that maybe that is all the other person can afford ?? Or that they need the larger vehicle ?? Oh, that does not enter into the picture here because I am driving a "Hybrid" or I am a "Hypermiler" that drives to conserve the Worlds Resources. The other people on the Planet are just wasting these resources so they need to be taught a lesson. Anyone here ever hear about this man's name ??? Hitler !!!!!! He had the same type of thinking and Logic to "Cleanse" the World of anyone that was not the "Right-Race". Some of the thinking I see posted lately reminds me of some of the PAST and the Mistakes that were made back then. The problem was, No-One would believe it could be "TRUE". I think any {Jew} would disagree and confirm it was TRUE.

(5) Final Comments:

This is a Forum/Site for owners to discuss their Hybrid Vehicles. Some discussions do revolve around FE. But really a lot more discussions revolve around other Topics. Such as the Hybrid Vehicles. The Site was and is not here to "Condemn" others for what they decide they feel comfortable owning and driving. It is so easy to jump on the Band-Wagon when someone says, hey look at that person they are driving a GAS-HOG. Or they are DRIVING-a-TANK. They should have to pay $5.00 A Gallon for gas to teach them a Lesson. How Crazy is that thinking, honestly ?? Can you just imagine what would happen to the American way of Life if gas did go to $4.00/$5.00 a Gallon. The economy would go down the tubes. It at that point would make little difference what Hybrid you drove. You need a JOB to pay for the GAS.

I hope in some small way that I have reached out to the Members here that are Honestly good people and can put things back in order here on "GreenHybrid". Personally, I think that for the most part the members here are "Honorable & Caring" people. Let us show this by "Kinder-Thoughts" to others for their decisions.

The End

Peace to One and All

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-11-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Spelling, Etc.

Quick Reply: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands